sunit swapnasarit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2014
I am currently using a I7 13700K with a Noctua NHD15. My Normal Temp while on idel stays at somewhere like 35 to 40 Degree Celsius. I usually Use Adobe PP To Render videos. But when I Do that Temp goes to like 95C. While gaming It stays around 45 to 60. Is that normal for this CPU? I have checked the thermal paste its all good. I have a LIANLI lancool 215 Case. Thanks in advance.

Solution
As long as it remains below 95°C it's "supposedly" normal. Tjunction according to the Intel spec is 100°C which is the temp at which it begins throttling to protect itself from thermal damage. It would be nice to see a bit lower temps than that, but it also probably depends on how you have things configured.

What is your motherboard model? What is your current motherboard BIOS version? What model of thermal paste are you using and how much are you using?

What case do you have? How many case fans? Where is each of them located and in what direction is each of them blowing?

What Windows power plan is currently in use?

Do you have C states enabled in the BIOS? Do you have Intel speed step (EIST) enabled in the BIOS? Do you have Intel...
As long as it remains below 95°C it's "supposedly" normal. Tjunction according to the Intel spec is 100°C which is the temp at which it begins throttling to protect itself from thermal damage. It would be nice to see a bit lower temps than that, but it also probably depends on how you have things configured.

What is your motherboard model? What is your current motherboard BIOS version? What model of thermal paste are you using and how much are you using?

What case do you have? How many case fans? Where is each of them located and in what direction is each of them blowing?

Do you have C states enabled in the BIOS? Do you have Intel speed step (EIST) enabled in the BIOS? Do you have Intel speed shift enabled in the BIOS?

Reactions: sunit swapnasarit
Solution

sunit swapnasarit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2014

Do you have C states enabled in the BIOS? Do you have Intel speed step (EIST) enabled in the BIOS? Do you have Intel speed shift enabled in the BIOS?
I have a Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS DDR5 MOBO. I havent touched the bios except update it when i bought it for intel 13th series. And My case have 2 big fans at front and a normal fan at the back. My cpu fan is installed vertically as this cooler is too big to install horizontally.

I think you are good.
Run Hwmonitor and look at the current and max temperatures.
You will likely see some max temp cores showing red and 100c. indicating throttling.
Do not be alarmed. That is only momentary and normal throttling has it under control.

sunit swapnasarit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2014
I think you are good.
Run Hwmonitor and look at the current and max temperatures.
You will likely see some max temp cores showing red and 100c. indicating throttling.
Do not be alarmed. That is only momentary and normal throttling has it under control.
I Have it installed. While doing normal stuff like watching vods and browsing temp never gets above like 45c. I have had this pc for almost a month i went upto 90c previously while rendering like for few mins. But today I rendered a video that took almost 30 mins. Thats when I saw temp go upto 97C. I got nervous. It didnt stayed at 97C though. It just touched that and came back down to 90C to 85C.

Oct 23, 2022
I am currently using a I7 13700K with a Noctua NHD15. My Normal Temp while on idel stays at somewhere like 35 to 40 Degree Celsius. I usually Use Adobe PP To Render videos. But when I Do that Temp goes to like 95C. While gaming It stays around 45 to 60. Is that normal for this CPU? I have checked the thermal paste its all good. I have a LIANLI lancool 215 Case. Thanks in advance.
I had a "similar" problem with 10900k + nh-d15, and what I figured out was that I didn't screw the heat sync tight enough. Maybe you should tighten it up as well. The reason I didn't do it right is cause when I was watching a tutorial vid on youtube on how to install it, he said that you gotta screw it in very gently and bla bla bla and so I did it too gently appereantly lol.
The first time I did it, when it was loose, there was a lot of give on the spring, in fact the spring was barely contracted. The way I redid it was making so that the spring is rather squished, but the whole thing is still being pressed down by the spring, but with quite a bit of tension and rather tight.

That shaved me around 10 degrees. From 78 to 68.

Also are you overclocking your CPU? If yes than how hard.

sunit swapnasarit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2014
I had a "similar" problem with 10900k + nh-d15, and what I figured out was that I didn't screw the heat sync tight enough. Maybe you should tighten it up as well. The reason I didn't do it right is cause when I was watching a tutorial vid on youtube on how to install it, he said that you gotta screw it in very gently and bla bla bla and so I did it too gently appereantly lol.
The first time I did it, when it was loose, there was a lot of give on the spring, in fact the spring was barely contracted. The way I redid it was making so that the spring is rather squished, but the whole thing is still being pressed down by the spring, but with quite a bit of tension and rather tight.

That shaved me around 10 degrees. From 78 to 68.

Also are you overclocking your CPU? If yes than how hard.
The thing is if I hadnt screwed is hard enough then the temps should always be high. Not only time I do high load stuff. On idle my temps are around 35c to 40c