Question Intel Core i7-13700K Voltage Specifications

Jul 24, 2024
Hello,

Recently, I heard the disappointing news related to the 13th and 14th gen Intel CPUs. As I am a new PC builder, would you mind looking at my specifications and tell me if my CPU voltage is to low. normal or high under normal use? By normal use, I mean there is no gaming nor any high demanding application running. Important to note, the CPU voltage remains the same if I do benchmark testing.

Link: https://ibb.co/V9gygZG

So, are all the CPUs effected? I'm aware of the microcode patch coming mid-August but I'm very skeptical that this would solve the issue. Thus far, this CPU has been treating me fine. However, important to note, I haven't added a dedicated graphic cards yet so I can't tell whether I will be experiencing stability issues. I have been using this CPU for computer programming and running a variety of different virtual machines without any problems. Now, I'm skeptical about buying a expensive graphic card and having problems with this CPU in the near future.

Thank you.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not really the best way to look at that. You want to load up something that tracks the VID over time like Hardware Monitor. VID is requested voltage as well, not an actual measurement. That is the CPU telling the motherboard what it thinks it needs according to the V/F table of the chip.

It is also possible the voltages that Intel are referring to are internal and not directly readable via the sensors.

Monitoring core voltage and making sure if stays under 1.5 volts, but preferably closer to 1.35 volts is what you want to look at.

Reactions: pap3rmario
Jul 24, 2024
Not really the best way to look at that. You want to load up something that tracks the VID over time like Hardware Monitor. VID is requested voltage as well, not an actual measurement. That is the CPU telling the motherboard what it thinks it needs according to the V/F table of the chip.

It is also possible the voltages that Intel are referring to are internal and not directly readable via the sensors.

Monitoring core voltage and making sure if stays under 1.5 volts, but preferably closer to 1.35 volts is what you want to look at.
It has been running at 1.3V.

Jul 24, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're not taxing your platform while your voltages are on AUTO in BIOS, then I'd either leave them as is or undervolt if you have the option in your motherboard's BIOS.

Mind passing the rest of your specs to your build?
Sure, here are my specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700K 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK620 DIGITAL 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Black SN770 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

The CPU has been running at 1.3V.