Intel core i7 2600k stock cooler rpm

Arachne

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
Hello there.
Config:
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 / BIOS version F3
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k / stock cooler
My question is about the CPU Smart fan control. When it is set to AUTO in the BIOS the the cooler's rpm is always around 1000, even if i stress my cpu with Prime95 and the temperature goes up to even 90 C. If i set the Cpu smart fan control to DISABLED the rpm goes up to 2000 and the temperature of the cpu when stressed lowers by 20 C. Is the CPU smart fan control not working? or am i doing something wrong?

You do have it pluged into the correct fan connector on the motherbourd ? Usually the cpu fan connector is at the top of the MB between the cpu and the ram. Does the owners manual help at all.

I think there is something wrong because that cpu shouldn't be that hot even with the stock cooler and the Smart fan function isn't working right as well. What are your temps under normal use.

Arachne

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
It's the stock cooler, i think it's 3 pins. Normal idle temperature are at around 35-40 C per core. When i'm playing a game or running multiple applications it goes up to 50 C per core, but when i ran Prime95 it went to 90 C with the CPU Smart Fan Control. Now after i disabled it, it stays at 70-75 C per core when it's on full load with Prime95.

TRENDING THREADS