Intel Core i7-4770 Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.4 GHZ LGA 1150

rae888

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
Intel Core i7-4770 Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.4 GHZ LGA 1150

Is the fan that comes with above, OK? Or should I get a cooler? If so, please suggest some good coolers. Someone suggested a phanteks but looking at their website they don't make one for a socket 1150.

Entomber

Admirable
The stock fan will give you around 80C at load (100% CPU usage) and be moderately noisy. Buying an aftermarket cooler will decrease the overall temperature as well as max temperature of your CPU as well as (probably) be quieter under high CPU usage conditions.

A good quality budget-friendly cooler that works quite well is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 +/EVO.

qewrq

Reputable
May 2, 2014
The stock cooler will keep your i7 at safe albeit high temps under load, and it can get pretty loud at full power. If noise isn't a concern, sticking with the stock cooler should be fine.

If you want something a little more reassuring, you can go for the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo. It's quite inexpensive and gives you better temps at quieter sound levels.

You can also get something like the Noctua NH-U12P or NH-D14. They're more expensive but they practically absorb sound.

rae888

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
Thanks everyone for suggestions. All these coolers are huge. I was considering the PHANTEKS PH-TC14PE 5x?8mm Dual Heat-Pipes Dual 140mm which someone recommended after being reassured it would fit the socket 1150. But it too is huge. My case is: Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 VN300M1W2N No PS Full Tower Case . Will it fit ? I don't want to have to worry about squeezing in parts because of the cooler. The coolermaster didn't look any smaller than Phanteks watching youtube video. I guess if my case will hold them I shouldn't worry about it. My present cooler is so small compared to these guys. (It was installed to replace my old AMD fan. It was the cooler master Hyper TX3 Model RR-910-HTX3-G1. These others Phantek and the ones you've listed are a lot bigger no?

rae888

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013

Hi - No this is a new build. I was just comparing these new cooler to the one I replaced on my old computer which will remain as is. I had replaced its cooler after 8 years.

Think i will now go with the Noctua. Doesn't look so big.