Intel Core i7 6700k Overheating with Deepcool Malestorm 240t and very loud

Philip320

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016
Hello,
In about december i did buy a new computer. I did want water cooling solution, the first thing i seen was that the cooler was very very loud while the CPU was on a little bit higher temps, as when i like play a CPU intensive game the CPU fans can go on MAX and it will sound as hell. But now is the problem, the CPU is nowa days on temps like 90c while i'm playing CS:GO, sometimes my computer crashes. Is this cooler not good for handling the i7 6700k. I have the standard settings, i tried overclocking before and it worked by i did to remove it to make the cpu not overheat even more.

Do you have any help?
Regard

Solution
That's not normal for that cooler/cpu. You'll either have a faulty cooler, not enough thermal paste or you need to delid your 6700k. I'd start from checking how hot the radiator gets under load, if it's cold you'll likely have a faulty pump.
That's not normal for that cooler/cpu. You'll either have a faulty cooler, not enough thermal paste or you need to delid your 6700k. I'd start from checking how hot the radiator gets under load, if it's cold you'll likely have a faulty pump.

Solution