Intel core i7 7700 under volt

silkenaura

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Was one of the people having horrible temps from my 7700 (non K) and have managed to lower my temps by an absurd amount by offsetting my voltage by -0.75.. But what does Processor iccmax do and what should it be set at? Using Intel XTU it was showing as 135a as default. Has anyone else had experience altering voltage to an i7 7700? Just looking to get it running as smoothly as possible for games.

Solution

Dont worry without 4 cores...

_MasterG_

Prominent
May 5, 2017
energy saving mode on power management, and select min processor status 60%, If you are going to gaming disable ht it will boost ( more because less throttling for temps than the benefit of disabling ht) and save for another COOLER, ( a water cooler will be great)

silkenaura

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

I just installed the Cryorig H7 and that also helped my temps a lot I believe! Unfortunately My case isn't suitable for any form of water cooling from what I've read. I had also disabled hyperthreading a few weeks ago when reading up on how to fix my temps. I'm more just worried about the usage level now as my temps seem with be pretty safe (nothing over 50). Will running at almost max usage be detrimental or am I worrying over nothing?

_MasterG_

Prominent
May 5, 2017

Dont worry without 4 cores the push over 4 cores will be more, thats not bad because that 4 cores can handle the work, if they are not at 100% the ht disable will be good.

Solution