Intel Core i7 7700HQ scoring low benchmark scores

a1rwan

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015
Hello,

As the title says my Intel Core i7 7700HQ scores lower than what it is supposed to on Cinebench. On 3 tries I have gotten around 590 to 600 cb. On this video they got around 90 to 100 more cb than me despite having the same CPU. Notebookcheck.net got 734 cb which is way more than I'm getting.

I have noticed a lot of frame drops on Battlefield 1 on ANY setting which I do know is a CPU intensive game and I have tried multiple fixes but I still get frame drops so I think my CPU maybe the problem. GTA 5 can run 60fps on high to ultra settings however I do noticed frame drops here and there but not as significant as Battlefield 1.

Whether or not this is the cause for those frame drops I am still curious if my CPU is experiencing any problems and if this is normal. I cant seem to get it to score any higher so I'm not sure whats happening. I am using a LENOVO LEGION Y520 with these specs:

Intel Core i7 7700HQ
GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
8GB RAM
2TB HDD

Solution
Google thermal throttling and your model laptop. If a lot of people are having problems, there is a good chance that's you issue. You can also download HWmonitor and run a stress test or benchmark. If your temps are up in the 90c range or higher you are defiently throttling some. CPU clocks drop when there is too much heat.

a1rwan

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way I can confirm I am experiencing any throttling?

dragonstar914

Proper
Jun 24, 2018
Google thermal throttling and your model laptop. If a lot of people are having problems, there is a good chance that's you issue. You can also download HWmonitor and run a stress test or benchmark. If your temps are up in the 90c range or higher you are defiently throttling some. CPU clocks drop when there is too much heat.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS