Jul 30, 2016
Hello.
so I just bought a computer with an i7 7700k
and ive only tried to play it on csgo now
and the temps were jumping from 56c ish to 83c up and down again
now I want to ask if its a normal temp for this specific CPU
btw it was running on 4.5Ghz

Solution
Your max temps are definitely OK. Like I said above, 85-90C under load is perfectly fine. Don't worry about you shortening your CPU's life span. It would be replaced way before it reaches its life time. By the way, my Core 2 Duo E8400 has been running overclocked for almost 10 years now and still has zero signs of degrading.

Your idle temp is high; should be below 30 in a normal situation. Are you sure it's really idle and not running some background apps? Use HWMonitor or something like that to check that the frequency indeed dropped to 800MHz. I read that some people had high idle temp like you when running Windows 7, but I don't know if that was really the cause.

Lake75

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
Yes, it's fairly common with 7700K. Kaby lakes run pretty hot. As long as your temp is below 85-90C under full load, nothing to worry about. Do you see your idle temp around 25C (depending on your ambient of course)? I saw some people were having idles at 40-50C, which would be abnormal.

One more thing: Check your vCore. If you run 7700K at stock, the vCore should be fairly low around 1.180V. Your system builder could've set it for something much higher.

ilayg6

Honorable
Jul 30, 2016
Hey there lake :D
I managed to set my cpu to max frequency of:4.2Ghz
I know its less but the cooling is down a bit.
The CPU can reach temps that scare me a bit
for example:core0 would be max at 77c but while I check it runs at 68c-72
Voltage is 1.210V while gaming.
My idle temp is 40-45 but if I do something ofc it will jump to a 60c and then goes back lol..

So do you think i'll be ok at those temps?like it won't affect the cpu life span or something?

Lake75

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
Your max temps are definitely OK. Like I said above, 85-90C under load is perfectly fine. Don't worry about you shortening your CPU's life span. It would be replaced way before it reaches its life time. By the way, my Core 2 Duo E8400 has been running overclocked for almost 10 years now and still has zero signs of degrading.

Your idle temp is high; should be below 30 in a normal situation. Are you sure it's really idle and not running some background apps? Use HWMonitor or something like that to check that the frequency indeed dropped to 800MHz. I read that some people had high idle temp like you when running Windows 7, but I don't know if that was really the cause.

Solution