Intel core i7-8700K OC

Jul 5, 2018
I am new to all of this overclocking.

I overclocked my i7-8700k to 5ghz with 1.3V is that good enough ?

And while i was running aida64 fan running at 750rpm and temp is at 64C

Is that good enough or should i change anything. And is running Aida64 enough to know that the overclock is stable ?

Solution
You realize that AIDA64 Stress CPU is only about 70% workload. ravashstudios. Take as look:

Not all loads are created equal. “Stress” tests can be characterized into two categories; stability tests which are fluctuating workloads, and thermal tests which are steady workloads. Intel tests their processors at a steady 100% TDP workload to validate Thermal Specifications.

Prime95 version 26.6 Small FFT's is ideal for CPU thermal testing, because it's a steady 100% workload with steady Core temperatures that typically runs Core i variants with Hyperthreading and Core 2 processors within +/- a few % of TDP. No other utility so closely replicates Intel's test conditions.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
kasxx79,

Maximum recommended Core voltages is 1.4, so your Vcore is well within norms.

Concerning AIDA64, there are 15 possible test combinations involving the CPU, so please be more specific ... which test(s) did you run?

What was your ambient (room) temperature at the time of testing?

CT :sol:

Jul 5, 2018
Well i test aida for 50 min with the voltage of 1.3 it passed easily but then while playing pubg it crush so i increased to 1.310 and again same thing happened now i am running at 1.320 voltage

About AIDA64 Its just the normal stress cpu in the option and i am running also furmark for the gpu also both together now after i increased to 1.320 voltage

temp of CPU is 67C and GPU is at 59C

i have a kraken x62 and the ambient temp is 23C but the AC is right above the Desktop of PC

Fan of CPU is running at 1834
and gpu fan is at 2445

while running both furmark and aida64. How long should i run them for ? i was hearing like 24 hours or something i feel its too much or ?

i was thinking about an hour and then if its all good just continue with my gaming.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
You realize that AIDA64 Stress CPU is only about 70% workload. ravashstudios. Take as look:

Not all loads are created equal. “Stress” tests can be characterized into two categories; stability tests which are fluctuating workloads, and thermal tests which are steady workloads. Intel tests their processors at a steady 100% TDP workload to validate Thermal Specifications.

Prime95 version 26.6 Small FFT's is ideal for CPU thermal testing, because it's a steady 100% workload with steady Core temperatures that typically runs Core i variants with Hyperthreading and Core 2 processors within +/- a few % of TDP. No other utility so closely replicates Intel's test conditions.

• Prime95 v26.6 - http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=15504

Utilities that don't overload or underload your processor will give you a valid thermal baseline. Here’s a comparison of utilities grouped as thermal and stability tests according to % of TDP, averaged across six processor Generations at stock settings rounded to the nearest 5%:

Higher TDP tests produce higher Core temperatures. All tests will show 100% CPU Utilization in Windows Task Manager, which indicates processor resource activity, not % TDP workload. Although actual Power dissipation (Watts) varies with Core Speed, Core voltage and workload, Prime95 v26.6 Small FFT’s always provides a steady 100% workload, whether you’re running stock or overlocked.

You might want to read this Sticky: Intel CPU Temperature Guide - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

CT :sol:

Solution