[SOLVED] Intel Core i7 8700k Voltage help..

ShaayD

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2014
Hello!

I have a i7 8700k, and under load while playing games as ( BF V, Squad.. )
I reach CPU Temperatures like 89* C Max.. and it stays about 80-90* C under load when playing AA Titles..

I see that the voltage reaches 1.615 as max...
and stays somewhere between 1.385 - 1.500

I would like to know how do i set the voltage lower, so it does not reaches those temperatures..

The rest of my setup:
CASE: CM Storm Trooper
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k
CPU Liquid Cooling: Cooler Master Liquid Lite 240
Motherboard: MSI Z370 Tomahawk
Memory: 16GB DDR4 3200mhz G-skill tridentz RGB
HDD: 1TB + 500GB SSD Samsung
GPU: Geforce GTX 1080ti Rog STRIX 11gb

Solution
Well as Cookie here mentioned its the volts that are driving you CPU as hot.. so try to set the volts to about 1,4 V even though that is abit high, run benchmarks and decrease volts decremantaly untill no longer stable

BringerOfTea

Reputable
First: where have you mounted the the cooler radiator?
Second: what are your ambient temps...
third: have you overclocked any?
fourth: have you checked that the cooler copperplate(?) makes good contact. Did you apply enough thermalpaste or was it pre-applied?

The 8700K is a hot tempered little bastard, but at stock speeds a 240 mm AIO such suffice.

with stock speed the 8700k shouldnt even go above 1.4V :D

ShaayD

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2014
1. Its on the top of my case.
2. Ambient temps? the RGB from mobo and so on.. ?
3. Nothing is overclocked.
4. Its a custom built system by my self, and i made sure there were enough thermal paste before putting it together, i dont think thats the problem. i think its the voltage..

2: the room temperature :D

4. i also think its the Voltage.
Can you go into your Bios and reset everyhting? Also check for new Bios updates.

ShaayD

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2014
oh well, the room temperature is actually pretty cold.. as i like a cold/chill room when playing games :D

I did reset the bios settings before, did not really help

BringerOfTea

Reputable
Well as Cookie here mentioned its the volts that are driving you CPU as hot.. so try to set the volts to about 1,4 V even though that is abit high, run benchmarks and decrease volts decremantaly untill no longer stable

Solution