[SOLVED] Intel core i7 9750 h high temprature

Jun 28, 2020
Hi guys i recently bought an asus zenbook pro duo with Intel core i7 9750h processor and rtx 2060 graphic card. the laptop's idle temperature on battery saving mode is around 50-60 Celsius, on charging the idle temprature is 60-70 and under load ( using adobe after effects or playing games ) while charging the temp shoots upto 95-100 . is it normal for such a heavy machine ?

Laptop specs :- intel I7 9750h
32 gm ram @ 2600 mhz
1 tb ssd
nvidia rtx 2060
dual 4k oled screen
battery - 71 watts

if this temperature is normal is there way to decrease the the temperatures ( i am a noob at undervolting and not sure if it'll void the warranty. i have also tried to find processor management in the advanced power option but somehow its not present on my laptop.

Regards

Solution
I have a Dell G5 with 9750h and RTX2060. Your idle temps are about 10c higher than mine. However under gaming load it used to shoot up to 95-100c, this is very common for Intel laptops. I have however undervolted and reduced the max boost speed and now temps gaming are about 80c with peak 85c. I did have issues with a recent BIOS update that locked out undervolting but I managed to resolve it but many others haven’t been able to. Most Intel laptops are receiving BIOS updates to fix a security vulnerability and this also locks out being able to adjust voltages, this is reported across many forums.
Undervolting might help reduce temps but given it's a laptop it's probably already been tuned for the laptop. You might have better luck adjusting your fan profiles or cleaning out the dust if you haven't done that. You may also find that the BIOS in your laptop is very restricted and not really capable of making the changes you want or need. You might be reduced to windows power management and buying a laptop cooler.

I have a Dell G5 with 9750h and RTX2060. Your idle temps are about 10c higher than mine. However under gaming load it used to shoot up to 95-100c, this is very common for Intel laptops. I have however undervolted and reduced the max boost speed and now temps gaming are about 80c with peak 85c. I did have issues with a recent BIOS update that locked out undervolting but I managed to resolve it but many others haven’t been able to. Most Intel laptops are receiving BIOS updates to fix a security vulnerability and this also locks out being able to adjust voltages, this is reported across many forums.

Solution
Jun 28, 2020
Undervolting might help reduce temps but given it's a laptop it's probably already been tuned for the laptop. You might have better luck adjusting your fan profiles or cleaning out the dust if you haven't done that. You may also find that the BIOS in your laptop is very restricted and not really capable of making the changes you want or need. You might be reduced to windows power management and buying a laptop cooler.

Thanks for your inputs guys. I did undervolt my cpu with intel xtu to -0.150v and the result are pretty sweet, idle temp is now at around 45 and while stress testing remains between 75-83 with an all core speed of about 4.0ghz ( which is pretty good for me because i bought the laptop for content creation rather than gaming) 🆒.

Thanks for your inputs guys. I did undervolt my cpu with intel xtu to -0.150v and the result are pretty sweet, idle temp is now at around 45 and while stress testing remains between 75-83 with an all core speed of about 4.0ghz ( which is pretty good for me because i bought the laptop for content creation rather than gaming) 🆒.
Good to hear you have tamed the beast :LOL:

Reactions: lonewolf2909

TRENDING THREADS