News Intel Core i9-10900, Core i5-10500 Comet Lake Results Posted

New socket for the same architecture and 14nm node with 10 cores at 2.8Ghz base clocks?
Intel just wants to steal your money. The 3950X has 16 cores with 3.5Ghz base 4.7Ghz boost and 7nm.

w_o_t_q

Commendable
Jul 24, 2019
If it is 65w variant no, more counts will not mean better at least for average pc enthusiast aka gamer... New amd 7mm failed to outperform old intel cpu in gaming while being more expensive ... If i am consider to buy new gaming pc it will be i7-9700k (349 EUR) vs R9-3900x (498.67 EUR) difference is almost high end motherboard (Z390 Phantom Gaming 7 )price (214 EUR) I prefer Asrock, due to the lower faulty boards in industry, yes even lower than Asus, but for this difference You can get other decent board. PCI 4.0 for this market means nothing it is for servers etc where You need bandwidth. Both platform is dead end AM4 last support year is 2020 so as Gamer Nexus advice wait couple years to get new cpu ... Personally I will be very happy with my i7-4790K with RTX2080 consider that play 1440p where this cpu bound non exist ... Consider to replace platform in 2021 ... Most likely with Intel due the fact that amd focuses on data centers (maximum core count) and intel had more gaming performance and is more stable .... (drivers etc.) For VGA it will be nvidia again more performance, better compatibility with the games and stable drivers at stage when i usually purchase after lunch hype .... Not that crap with instability with Radeon 7 or new drivers ... Amd need sort priorities ... Customer first need stable high performing driver after that everything else including new UI. Amd failed to recognize this important facts for the years.

w_o_t_q

Commendable
Jul 24, 2019
Gaming is good ... Not HEDT/Server load for that right now is sense buy thread-ripper new platform (sTRX4 which is not compatible with TR4, it is a brand new platform)
) Beside proper Intel will arrive in 2021. Right now it 2020. We are in the dead end time for two platforms Intel 1151 and Amd AM4. Which platform replaces AM4 no news ... Ryzen 4000 is laptop platform ... So stack up popcorn and enjoy the show. :)

If it is 65w variant no, more counts will not mean better at least for average pc enthusiast aka gamer... New amd 7mm failed to outperform old intel cpu in gaming while being more expensive ... If i am consider to buy new gaming pc it will be i7-9700k (349 EUR) vs R9-3900x (498.67 EUR) difference is almost high end motherboard (Z390 Phantom Gaming 7 )price (214 EUR) I prefer Asrock, due to the lower faulty boards in industry, yes even lower than Asus, but for this difference You can get other decent board. PCI 4.0 for this market means nothing it is for servers etc where You need bandwidth. Both platform is dead end AM4 last support year is 2020 so as Gamer Nexus advice wait couple years to get new cpu ... Personally I will be very happy with my i7-4790K with RTX2080 consider that play 1440p where this cpu bound non exist ... Consider to replace platform in 2021 ... Most likely with Intel due the fact that amd focuses on data centers (maximum core count) and intel had more gaming performance and is more stable .... (drivers etc.) For VGA it will be nvidia again more performance, better compatibility with the games and stable drivers at stage when i usually purchase after lunch hype .... Not that crap with instability with Radeon 7 or new drivers ... Amd need sort priorities ... Customer first need stable high performing driver after that everything else including new UI. Amd failed to recognize this important facts for the years.
You don't need a 3900X for gaming, its a waste of money. A 3700X is more than enough with 16 threads. The Intel vs AMD gaming is over as Ryzen 3000 closed that gap and now Intel is on par with AMD in gaming espicially at 1440p+ resolutions. Intel is only slightly faster at 1080p 240Hz and higher Hz which is useless.
There is no way on earth that Intel is making a desktop 10 core 65W, their 8 core 9900K is using close to 300W and require watercooling.

Intel has at least a year to catch up AMD.

Last edited:

w_o_t_q

Commendable
Jul 24, 2019
3700x is slower than i7-9700k in games ... Amd catch single thread performance (similar frequencies) , but due the fact than Intel has higher clock speed ... i7-9700k @5.1Ghz(with water cooling easy even with AIO) it is faster or equal to R9-3900x and i9-9900K or KS ... Consider that intel can live with slower and cheaper memory which reduce cost of the system without any performance penalties... For the gaming system is no sense buy amd unless You going for 300 USD new gaming system or similar nonsence (buy used dell/hp add ram/VGA and SSD and it will be better gaming pc for that price) By the way cheapest 3700x cost 310.33 EUR required more expensive DDR4-3600 to perform more or less good... And there are no way to OC this amd cpu to the intel frequencies with standard water cooling or AIO for the everyday use. Amd is HEDT chip for the creators for all other is Intel ... right now. Yes it is bargain value if You are looking for the entry HEDT workstation for the cheap, not every one case. But it is not for the gaming at all at least if You not going for the i9-3900x which again is more expensive cpu which manages to lose in games for i7 9700K@5.1Ghz .

3700x is slower than i7-9700k in games ... Amd catch single thread performance (similar frequencies) , but due the fact than Intel has higher clock speed ... i7-9700k @5.1Ghz(with water cooling easy even with AIO) it is faster or equal to R9-3900x and i9-9900K or KS ... Consider that intel can live with slower and cheaper memory which reduce cost of the system without any performance penalties... For the gaming system is no sense buy amd unless You going for 300 USD new gaming system or similar nonsence (buy used dell/hp add ram/VGA and SSD and it will be better gaming pc for that price) By the way cheapest 3700x cost 310.33 EUR required more expensive DDR4-3600 to perform more or less good... And there are no way to OC this amd cpu to the intel frequencies with standard water cooling or AIO for the everyday use. Amd is HEDT chip for the creators for all other is Intel ... right now. Yes it is bargain value if You are looking for the entry HEDT workstation for the cheap, not every one case. But it is not for the gaming at all at least if You not going for the i9-3900x which again is more expensive cpu which manages to lose in games for i7 9700K@5.1Ghz .
Again you are comparing the 3900X not the 3700X. The 3700X performs the same as 3900X and costs 110$ less than a 9700K.
Here is the overall gaming peroformance of the 9700K vs 3700X at 1440p. The 9700K is only 1% faster which is in the margin of error:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-7-3700x/16.html

Reactions: TCA_ChinChin

w_o_t_q

Commendable
Jul 24, 2019
This review does count OC of intel to 5.1 Ghz (Amd cant reach it right now with conventional cooling (AIO, Custom loop etc.)) and price difference at least in local market is not substantial 349(Intel) vs 310.33 (amd 3700x)EUR consider that Amd required pricey DDR4 -3600 to perform ... ( DDR4 3200 16 GB set will cost 59 EUR and Amd required DDR4-3600 16GB set is around 72 EUR) mother board will be more expensive for the amd (Gigabyte amd x570 around 145 EUR) vs intel (z390 Gigabyte around 100 EUR). See no point to pay more for the slower gaming pc ... By the way both platforms is dead end .... AM4 will lose support in 2020, and intel will lunch new platforms for new cpu as well in 2020 and those will not support 1151 socket. So in the end for the gaming Intel for HEDT load AMD ... :)

This review does count OC of intel to 5.1 Ghz (Amd cant reach it right now with conventional cooling (AIO, Custom loop etc.)) and price difference at least in local market is not substantial 349(Intel) vs 310.33 (amd 3700x)EUR consider that Amd required pricey DDR4 -3600 to perform ... ( DDR4 3200 16 GB set will cost 59 EUR and Amd required DDR4-3600 16GB set is around 72 EUR) mother board will be more expensive for the amd (Gigabyte amd x570 around 145 EUR) vs intel (z390 Gigabyte around 100 EUR). See no point to pay more for the slower gaming pc ... By the way both platforms is dead end .... AM4 will lose support in 2020, and intel will lunch new platforms for new cpu as well in 2020 and those will not support 1151 socket. So in the end for the gaming Intel for HEDT load AMD ... :)
The 9700K is 4.9Ghz stock, are you telling me a 4% OC will give you 20% faster FPS??
If you really like Intel then buy it but don't say its better than AMD in gaming.

w_o_t_q

Commendable
Jul 24, 2019
4.9 is not stock ... Intel is faster depend on game up to 20 fps faster, price is lower ... Much better OC and performance. CPU + Mother Board + RAM (Price). At least in our market.

w_o_t_q

Commendable
Jul 24, 2019
Any CPU turbo clock is just possible value which it can achieve if there are enough temperature margin left to throttling temperature(overheating). Besides in non 1080p gaming cpu does not matter .... GPU will be major contributor to the performance ... So Amd platform perform worst include high res, had no future (2020 is last support year for the AM4), are more expensive CPU+MB+RAM (16GB set of two). Two dead end platforms why pay more to get less performance consider that in 2021 will be most interesting cpu coming out and RTX 3000 series pricing will be normal ... And user had to buy new hardware to get into new high spec pc ...

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Its faster at 1080p only and its 4.9Ghz all core turbo stock.
4.9Ghz is maximum single core turbo boost. It is not base anything. The maximum all core boost for a 9700k is 4.6Ghz.

edit: you edited your post as I was replaying. 4.9 is not the all core maximum boost. All boosts are maximum values. There is no stock boost clock.

Any CPU turbo clock is just possible value which it can achieve if there are enough temperature margin left to throttling temperature(overheating). Besides in non 1080p gaming cpu does not matter .... GPU will be major contributor to the performance ... So Amd platform perform worst include high res, had no future (2020 is last support year for the AM4), are more expensive CPU+MB+RAM (16GB set of two). Two dead end platforms why pay more to get less performance consider that in 2021 will be most interesting cpu coming out and RTX 3000 series pricing will be normal ... And user had to buy new hardware to get into new high spec pc ...
"...Besides in non 1080p gaming cpu does not matter .... GPU will be major contributor to the performance ... So Amd platform perform worst include high res..."

Why you contradict yourself lol? You say CPU dont matter at 1440p+ then say AMD is worse than Intel at 1440p+.

Care to share the benchmarks you are looking at?

w_o_t_q

Commendable
Jul 24, 2019
Also why you need 3600 RAM? The 3700X review I posted were using 3200 RAM and gaming performance is identical to 9900K.
i7-9700K easy reach 9900K KS performance level with OC ... Your review didnt look solid another fanboy ... just one game and power consumption graph. If believe Linus Tech ... Amd Ryzen need 3600 memory at least to perform solid... Overclocking performance is not great (too many cores ...) And yes intel is best gaming cpu (i7-9700K OC @5.1Ghz) for bucks if You dont want to do OC yourself and want extra threads buy I9-9900K or KS which is basically the same cpu just factory OC.

i7-9700K easy reach 9900K KS performance level with OC ... Your review didnt look solid another fanboy ... just one game and power consumption graph. If believe Linus Tech ... Amd Ryzen need 3600 memory at least to perform solid... Overclocking performance is not great (too many cores ...) And yes intel is best gaming cpu (i7-9700K OC @5.1Ghz) for bucks if You dont want to do OC yourself and want extra threads buy I9-9900K or KS which is basically the same cpu just factory OC.
One game lol? I showed you performance in all games. Its called relative gaming performance in the review.

w_o_t_q

Commendable
Jul 24, 2019
"...Besides in non 1080p gaming cpu does not matter .... GPU will be major contributor to the performance ... So Amd platform perform worst include high res..."

Why you contradict yourself lol? You say CPU dont matter at 1440p+ then say AMD is worse than Intel at 1440p+.

Care to share the benchmarks you are looking at?
Couple of FPS depend on game ... But Person buy GAMING system it maker sense get best one ... In this particular case Intel for gaming consider best performance and cheaper price of needed components, not just CPU

One game lol? I showed you performance in all games. Its called relative gaming performance in the review.
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-7-3700x/16.html

Ryzen doesn't need 3600 RAM to perform, just look at the review, they use 3200 RAM yet the 3700X is identical to 9900K in games.

Fanboi? LOL My last system was an Intel 4770K which served me well. I just go with the best performer at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
The article was about some leaked data (specification) on the 10xxx intels cpu. If it will be better, worst or about the same as the actual models like intels 9700K/9900K or AMD 3700X/3900X its about to be seen later on when they launch.

As of now, I think its pretty straight foward, if youre building a pure gaming PC, you already have the best GPU out there, and you can afford a Core i9 9900K then theres nothing else to buy but that one.

Now if you don't mind about loosing some FPS and saving some cash, or you do care more about having extra resources or a more up-to-date platform (with atleast another new CPU coming later this year -> zen3), then AMD is the way to go.

And yes, the Core i7 9700K is a beast for gaming today, and I think is the beast choice for everyone wanting/needing the highest FPS without paying the extra cash of a 9900K. But keep in mind that its only an 8 cores/8 threads cpu, when both new PS and XBOX consoles will launch with 8 cores/16threads.

I think intel will have a really hard time trying to figure out if they keep the new core i5 10xxx CPU artificially below the performance of a i7 9700K or, they show that they don't really care about the mainstream market and trash their loyal buyers with a new cpu that can beat the old "king", just because it has HT On :)

It will be fun to see how all this new intel CPUs stack with the old ones and also the new zen3 AMD Ryzen 4xxx.

Yea this year will be great and filled with competition on both CPUs and GPUs.

Looking forward to upgrade my 1800X to a Ryzen 4800X. That will be a massive jump in performance. I juste hope my X370 motherboard will be compatible with Ryzen 4000.
My OCed 2080Ti doesn't need an upgrade anytime soon.

Reactions: RodroX

w_o_t_q

Commendable
Jul 24, 2019
Yea this year will be great and filled with competition on both CPUs and GPUs.

Looking forward to upgrade my 1800X to a Ryzen 4800X. That will be a massive jump in performance. I juste hope my X370 motherboard will be compatible with Ryzen 4000.
My OCed 2080Ti doesn't need an upgrade anytime soon.
Ryzen 4000 is notebook architecture with integrated IGP .... For desktop wait new socket like with new Threadripper. Looks like Ryzen 3 will be final CPU for AM4 with limited backwards compatibility for the older chip sets if want high core count on new cpu (more than 8 )

TRENDING THREADS