News Intel Core Ultra 200V specs leak points to nine Lunar Lake SKUs and a single Ultra 9 variant

D

Deleted member 2731765

Based on the information it is obvious that the Arc 140V integrated graphics will sport 8 Xe2 cores, whereas the Arc 130V iGPU should feature 7 Xe2 cores.

Core Ultra 7 268V

This SKU was actually spotted at Computex with clocks close to 5 GHz and was a final retail silicon, and was also used with an Intel AI DevKit.

The base clock was 2.20 GHz, along with 14 MB of L3 and 12 MB of L2 cache..

jrCCjs9.jpeg

D

Deleted member 2731765

By the way, if anyone is interested, then here are some pics of the Lunar Lake "LNL-M" reference evaluation platform, or RVP, and also of Intel's new AI DevKit based on the Lunar Lake CPU platform.

INTEL and its partners are currently using these kits for testing and evaluation of Lunar Lake chips before they ship.

The motherboard platform used a red and silver colored heatsink. The package size is being listed as 27.5 x 27.0, and it features a 2833 BGA design.

9kn7bvc.png

g2Vq2pd.png

5DviAtw.png

NHRfsHV.png

MxLJeqc.png

WvAsWYN.png

NztpKnA.png

UtZpTMy.png

Here is the AI DevKit based on the Lunar Lake "Core Ultra 200V" CPU platform, but is also compatible with future CPUs such as Panther Lake and Nova Lake. That's what I've been told.

NHgwrRc.png

bxNhqTX.png

OB06ixv.png

cSu6gCw.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TechyIT223

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 30, 2023
What a weird lineup if you consider the different memory configuration.

there should have been just two Ultra 5 SKUs and two Ultra 7 SKUs to account for the two different memory configurations and the one Ultra 9 SKU at the top.

TheJoker2020

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
By the way, if anyone is interested, then here are some pics of the Lunar Lake "LNL-M" reference evaluation platform, or RVP, and also of Intel's new AI DevKit based on the Lunar Lake CPU platform.

INTEL and its partners are currently using these kits for testing and evaluation of Lunar Lake chips before they ship.

The motherboard platform used a red and silver colored heatsink. The package size is being listed as 27.5 x 27.0, and it features a 2833 BGA design.

9kn7bvc.png

g2Vq2pd.png

5DviAtw.png

NHRfsHV.png

MxLJeqc.png

WvAsWYN.png

NztpKnA.png

UtZpTMy.png

Here is the AI DevKit based on the Lunar Lake "Core Ultra 200V" CPU platform, but is also compatible with future CPUs such as Panther Lake and Nova Lake.

NHgwrRc.png

bxNhqTX.png

OB06ixv.png

cSu6gCw.png
You look at the Dev Kit that the actual Dev's will end up with and you really wonder why Intel sold their entire "NUC" line and "NUC" brand name to Asus, and no doubt have a non-competition clause meaning that intel can't simply refine and launch this slim little NUC-like-thing, and it certainly shows that intel kept engineers capable of producing this, and that this is a sign of things to come for better or worse.!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You look at the Dev Kit that the actual Dev's will end up with and you really wonder why Intel sold their entire "NUC" line and "NUC" brand name to Asus, and no doubt have a non-competition clause meaning that intel can't simply refine and launch this slim little NUC-like-thing, and it certainly shows that intel kept engineers capable of producing this, and that this is a sign of things to come for better or worse.!

That is assuming that ASUS didn't make those units for Intel engineers.

Intel dropped out of the motherboard space too. I don't think it hurts their bottom line all that much to outsource such things.

D

Deleted member 2731765

Some Lunar lake SKUs are still missing from the original chart. There are few more processors.

D

Deleted member 2731765

Some SKUs are still MIA from the chart Videocardz posted. The recently spotted 234V SKU is missing, for example. Another model, 254V is also missing from the list.

There are more, so this lineup isn't complete.

Intel Core Ultra 5 234V "Lunar Lake" CPU (16GB variant):

j3AxoHt.jpeg

6Mq1k0R.png

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yup. I'm almost certain that Dev kit wasn't made by Asus to begin with.

I couldn't say one way or the other.

I don't imagine Intel does all in house fabrication for their test boards and other PCBs. Long as they have an appropriate NDA with their supplier with a massive penalty for contract breach, they can have any number of sub contractors making custom hardware for testing and validation.

D

Deleted member 2731765

Found one interesting observation.

It appears since all Lunar Lake processors feature memory on package, the last digit of their SKU number will imply how much memory each processor is having, which would be 6 for 16GB and 8 for 32GB.

For example, 288V sports 32GB dual rank memory.
228V will again have 32GB.
266V has 16GB 1R MoP and so on...

Another source, supposed to be the original actually.

https://www.ithome.com/0/777/624.htm

pZJrvKQ.png

30a07b30-bd35-4a8a-a085-b91871c6d455.jpg@s_2,w_820,h_615

So we're back to quadcore (P-cores) configurations, eh?
You say this as if half of Intel's mobile SKUs weren't already dual or quad P-core configurations.
That is assuming that ASUS didn't make those units for Intel engineers.

Intel dropped out of the motherboard space too. I don't think it hurts their bottom line all that much to outsource such things.
Intel has never built any of those in house so I assumed it was like their other mostly outsourced businesses: they dumped it once the margins were tight enough.
Some SKUs are still MIA from the chart Videocardz posted. The recently spotted 234V SKU is missing, for example. Another model, 254V is also missing from the list.

There are more, so this lineup isn't complete.
I'm curious what the final lineup will actually look like as it makes sense to minimize the number of SKUs since they're all 4P/4E with memory capacity and IGP being the most impactful differentiators.
Found one interesting observation.

It appears since all Lunar Lake processors feature memory on package, the last digit of their SKU number will imply how much memory each processor is having, which would be 6 for 16GB and 8 for 32GB.

For example, 288V sports 32GB dual rank memory.
228V will again have 32GB.
266V has 16GB 1R MoP and so on...
If the SKUs that end in 4 end up being shipping products it would make multiple numbers equate to 16GB so I wonder what the other meaning there could be.

D

Deleted member 2731765

If the SKUs that end in 4 end up being shipping products it would make multiple numbers equate to 16GB so I wonder what the other meaning there could be.

Oh yes, good point. I forgot SKUs ending up with 4 as well. So this is getting confusing now. There would be multiple 16GB variants then. It would have been much better if these SKUs ending with 4 came with either 8GB or 16GB MoP.

I mean how will Intel segment these chips now !

I know "AI PCs" need at least 16GB of memory, but there is still a demand for 8GB memory in lower-end notebooks, and high-end laptops can even require more than 64GB of memory.

For Lunar Lake architecture, Intel has placed two stacks of LPDDR5X-8500 memory directly on the chip package (with the memory communicating over four 16-bit channels), in 16GB or 32GB configurations, so I doubt any changes can now be easily made to this, and such constraints make it difficult to plan both high-end and entry-level versions.

For Lunar Lake architecture, Intel has placed two stacks of LPDDR5X-8500 memory directly on the chip package (with the memory communicating over four 16-bit channels), in 16GB or 32GB configurations, so I doubt any changes can now be easily made to this, and such constraints make it difficult to plan both high-end and entry-level versions.
The smallest capacity Micron sells is 48gb with largest 128gb and Samsung is 64gb to 144gb. SK Hynix doesn't seem to have a complete catalog online publicly, but they have a 128gb IC. I'm pretty sure that's the limiting factor for capacity here as the maximum range would only be 12GB-36GB. The only capacity they're not covering which would seem to make some sense would be 24GB.

TechyIT223

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 30, 2023
Im assuming that since Low power island cores have been implemented in lunar Lake then they won't be having access to L3 cache as well.

Last edited:

TechyIT223

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 30, 2023
Anyway, as discussed above, it appears that the memory options would be severely limited in lunar Lake lineup then.

Forget about an 8GB variant.

D

Deleted member 2731765

Well, finally the Core Ultra 7 268V appears on Geekbench.

m9nTWbf.png

fu2QUXN.png

D

Deleted member 2731765

Too bad, the geekbench test doesn't list the LP E core clock speeds. The P core boosted to 4887 Mhz though, just shy of 5.0 GHz boost clock of this SKU.

TechyIT223

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 30, 2023
Need some iGPU benchmarks though. Want to see how 8 XE2 cores fare against competing solutions from AMD and Intel's own previous gen chips.

Although lunar Lake isn't targeting the gaming community it would be good to see some entry level gaming benchmarks.

Reactions: cyrusfox
D

Deleted member 2731765

The smallest capacity Micron sells is 48gb with largest 128gb and Samsung is 64gb to 144gb. SK Hynix doesn't seem to have a complete catalog online publicly, but they have a 128gb IC. I'm pretty sure that's the limiting factor for capacity here as the maximum range would only be 12GB-36GB. The only capacity they're not covering which would seem to make some sense would be 24GB.

24 GB would make sense though.

Btw, I'm getting a strong feeling that this minimum 16GB RAM limitation which Intel put with Lunar Lake has something to do with Microsoft pushing CoPilot PLUS AI PC platform for the future. Who knows they both might have partnered on this long before this all stupid "AI hype" became real , lol ?

Maybe done on purpose ? Just my hunch ! :geek:

D

Deleted member 2731765

Got hold of one benchmark covering the performance and power aspects of an undisclosed Intel Lunar Lake CPU. But, if I would hazard a guess, we might be looking at one of these SKUs, 268V/266V or some other lower-end model.

Here is the performance comparison across various tests between the 17W & the 30W power limits. Details are very less now, but I'm grabbing more info.

Will update this post accordingly.

But for 3DMark Time Spy, I presume this is the graphics score, instead of overall. Core Ultra 200V "Lunar Lake" CPU scores 3438 points at 17W and 4151 points at 30W.

In GB5.4, the 17W config scores better than the 30W config, so this could be an error in this chart. Got mixed up I suppose.

Benchmark NameLunar Lake (17W)Lunar Lake (30W)Relative Perf (vs 17W)
3DMark Timespy34384151+20.7%
3DMark Wildlife Extreme61857561+22.2%
Cinebench R23 (MT)818210212+24.8%
Crossmark18011801+0%
Geekbench 5.4 MT88058653-1%
Geekbench 5.4 ST20201988-1%
Speedometer 2.1455436-4%
Sysmark 251575N/AN/A
WebXPRT 4315315+0%

Test Name (in mW)Meteor Lake 165W (15W)Lunar Lake (17W Power Efficiency)Lunar Lake (17W Balanced)
Standby 2.05084N/A
4 Tab Browsing1238777N/A
Busy Idle491279N/A
Idle display on 2.0129149N/A
MobileMark 2515649651031
Teams 3x3 v2.1330220452024
Team 3x3 v2.1 (MEP)390023962394
Netflix 1080p241230692690
YouTube 4k30 AV1230214011448
Local Playback 1080pN/AN/A532

Lunar Lake (17W Power Efficiency) is actually the "Best Power Efficiency Mode".
Lunar Lake (17W Balanced) is the "Balanced Mode".

The above figures include Memory power consumption as well.

D

Deleted member 2731765

There was a change in scores as they were redone. Previous data had some error.

As per this data, it seems Lunar Lake's "Arc 140V" and AMD Radeon 890M found in Strix Point APU are performing almost the same. Though I expect even greater uplift with the final silicon of the Xe2 graphics.

Compared to the previous gen Meteor Lake vs. Hawk Point lineup, AMD seems to have made a bigger improvement, at least based on this score.

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/igpu-amd_radeon_890m

fC3OGKJ.jpeg