[SOLVED] Intel CPU - Can I clean bottom contacts with Isopropyl alcohol?

I have an Intel core i3-3240 that I wish to sell on Ebay. The processor was pulled from a working system, and while having it upside-down on my table, I got a few drop of soy sauce on it, while eating. I cleaned off the sauce with a paper towel and 91% Isopropyl alcohol.

My question: Is there a reasonable likelihood that the CPU still functions okay despite me cleaning the contacts by applying pressure with a alcohol dampened paper towel? I honestly don't want to track down a LGA 1155 build, just to POST and benchmark a $10 CPU. I'm either going to sell or toss it and I'd prefer to get the money =>

Thank you for your answers.

Solution
Yes you can clean with alcohol but the "iffy" part is "applying pressure". How much pressure?

Use a bright flashlight and magnifying glass to examine the CPU for signs of damage or remaining Soy Sauce goo. If any such signs then I would not bother trying to sell the CPU.

By the time the CPU is eventually sold, boxed, shipped, and possibly returned for a refund the effort is not likely worth $10.

Just my thoughts on the matter.....

Ralston18

Titan
Yes you can clean with alcohol but the "iffy" part is "applying pressure". How much pressure?

Use a bright flashlight and magnifying glass to examine the CPU for signs of damage or remaining Soy Sauce goo. If any such signs then I would not bother trying to sell the CPU.

By the time the CPU is eventually sold, boxed, shipped, and possibly returned for a refund the effort is not likely worth $10.

Just my thoughts on the matter.....

Solution