Jun 18, 2021
Here are my specs for my build:
MOBO: Msi z490
CPU: i7 10700k
GPU: Asus Rx 5700xt
RAM:32gb
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master ml240l Liquid cooler
PSU: Corsair 750 80+ gold

I don't know if anything else is needed to find the problem and I'm fairly new to this all. So I built this pc early Jan. and at first I did not notice it, but after running a program for school (rendering) I noticed all my cores hitting 90+. On some games the tempt's seem to rise even 85+. I reapplied thermal paste thinking that was the problem and it didn't fix it. Tempts on idle are 35-45 and on regular usage 55-60. Decided to run cinebench to check out the single and multi cores and in single the tempts don't go over 45. In multi cores it spikes all the way up and I'm not to sure why. Only things that come to mind are cpu is bad, mobo cant support it, cooler isn't working right, or not enough power. Hopefully someone can help me out.

single core
View: https://imgur.com/nYJ7m7y

Multi core
View: https://imgur.com/ykc4QRt

Thanks boys!

Solution
The reason core temp gets high is excessive core voltage or inadequate cooling for the CPU or poor case air thruput.
Rendering is one of the most intensive applications especially 3d so expect temps to rise beyond normal.
Your graphs indicate a raise to TJMAX at 100c and that is too high. The cpu would throttle or shutdown to protect itself.
Go into your Bios, clear your CMOS and bring your system back to default with no Overclocks.
Conduct a stress test at stock frequency and report the result.
A better recommendation will be given upon the stress test result.
The reason core temp gets high is excessive core voltage or inadequate cooling for the CPU or poor case air thruput.
Rendering is one of the most intensive applications especially 3d so expect temps to rise beyond normal.
Your graphs indicate a raise to TJMAX at 100c and that is too high. The cpu would throttle or shutdown to protect itself.
Go into your Bios, clear your CMOS and bring your system back to default with no Overclocks.

Solution
The bad thing is that default for the mobo might be overclocked, according to the pics the CPU runs at 4.8Ghz all core which is overclocked and I doubt he did it himself.
He will have to go into bios and manually set the intel spec with power limits enforced.
Also since games hit max 85 and only rendering goes dangerously high he could also just leave it as is and reduce the CPU power max from windows power plan each time he wants to render, or use ixtu to set this up automatically.

Jun 18, 2021
The bad thing is that default for the mobo might be overclocked, according to the pics the CPU runs at 4.8Ghz all core which is overclocked and I doubt he did it himself.
He will have to go into bios and manually set the intel spec with power limits enforced.
Also since games hit max 85 and only rendering goes dangerously high he could also just leave it as is and reduce the CPU power max from windows power plan each time he wants to render, or use ixtu to set this up automatically.

Hey guys thanks for looking into it.

So I did clear the CMOS on the bios and these were the results for rendering in single and multi cores.
single core is normal:
View: https://imgur.com/cFU6Fhx

Multi core:
Stressing
View: https://imgur.com/emv4mwv

Final result
View: https://imgur.com/lfYFkk3

In the games I checked and the tempt results were:
R6: 70 and below
gta: 65 and below
COD: 65 and below

Its a lot better now then it was. I'll look into ixtu to see how to set up cpu power automatically.

Hey guys thanks for looking into it.

So I did clear the CMOS on the bios and these were the results for rendering in single and multi cores.
single core is normal:

Its a lot better now then it was. I'll look into ixtu to see how to set up cpu power automatically.

Never got much joy out of intels tuning utility for stress testing nor Overclocking,

You should try AIDA64 to stress test and only Overclock in your Bios,
Realbench is another excellent utility for a real-world test and if you can pass that test then your 100% stable.

Your current result is better but could be improved with correct Bios tweaks.

If you try AIDA64 then stress the CPU, FPU and Cache for 20mins.
Go to the tools section and choose the stress test then post the results. We can probably better determine settings for a decent Overclock or advise on a better cooling solution.

Never got much joy out of intels tuning utility for stress testing nor Overclocking,
I wouldn't even bother with stress testing as long as you don't get too hot or shut downs it's all good, and from what I got he doesn't even care about overclocking.

IXTU could be used to make the cores run a lower clock for specific tasks if for example you have a really long render to do and don't want to it to run all that time at a high temp.