[SOLVED] Intel CPU Upgrade. Please help

Jun 27, 2020
Looking to upgrade my CPU but I'm not sure if I need to upgrade my Mobo nor which CPU to consider. I mostly game and dev software (small projects) but I am working in Blender. (Not even sure if that matters)
Current config:

CPU: i5 8600k
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW (1st Gen)
Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 wifi
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Need to verify what motherboard you have. Google search on "Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 5 WiFi" comes up with AMD motherboards, not Intel. I can say, that if you currently have the Intel Core I5-8600K, you probably have the Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 and the best processor you could upgrade to is the Intel Core I9-9900K

But again, please confirm your motherboard model.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Need to verify what motherboard you have. Google search on "Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 5 WiFi" comes up with AMD motherboards, not Intel. I can say, that if you currently have the Intel Core I5-8600K, you probably have the Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 and the best processor you could upgrade to is the Intel Core I9-9900K

-Wolf sends

Solution
Jun 27, 2020

-Wolf sends
It is the Z370 Aorus Gaming 5.

Jun 27, 2020

-Wolf sends
But thanks a bunch. If you wouldn't mind one more question. Eventually, I plan on upgrading to a 20 series GPU. Would that create any bottlenecks paired with the 9900k and a z370 board? Lol I've only ever built systems as a whole with (at the time) current gen hardware. So upgrading these components individually is new to me.

Jun 27, 2020
In what way do you think your processor is not doing the job?
Have you overclocked your 8600K?

Perhaps a lesser upgrade to a 9700K would do??
So it's OC'd to 4.4 Ghz. For some reason unknown to me is that in my bios, I'm unable to change the core freq. Like the options are greyed out so I can't OC anymore , unless I use software such as Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. As far as not doing it's job, I noticed the other day that my games are starting to crash randomly and my CPU is pegged at 100%. It's not the temps I know for sure and I never gave much thought to it before now. But I've also had this setup going on 3 years I think? And I'm just ready for something new. But I don't have the budget to revamp my entire PC to current-gen hardware.