[SOLVED] Intel CPU we deserve and need.. i9 10900PG

Gintama69

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Sigh.. everyone(AMD, NVidia, Samsung etc) seem to have no problem making 7nm CPUs and GPUs, but our friends at Intel are still stuck with 14nm technology from the bronze age..

At this stage I don't care about upcoming 11th gen Intel processors(we only just got the 10th gen) or 5nm AMD Ryzen 4000 series etc. I just want Intel to at least give us some kind upgrade for gaming processor.

I got i7 10700K recently, and overall I'm happy with the performance/price.. but it's not really any better than i9 9900KS or 9900K processors I had in past. Although I still prefer 10700K over 9900KS cos it seem overclock slightly better, also run bit cooler, and I like the Z490 BIOS over Z390 mobo etc but the differences are so small it's not even worth mentioning.

So I think Intel should really make a new 10th gen desktop processor, i9 10900PG "Pro Gamer" edition processor with ~5.1-5.2GHz all core boost clock speed.
View: https://imgur.com/a/ygOospJ

I think everyone with 10700K/10900K can easily run 5.1GHz on all cores thanks to new improved thicker IHS on 10th gen Intel processors, so doing it with only 8 cores should be easy(probably easier than 9900KS).

Would you pick 10900PG over 10700K and 10900K?

Last edited:
Solution
I would pick none of it because it's fat, runs too hot, and costs more than it should compared to the higher end Ryzen 3000 series.
Even the motherboards are stupid expensive.
Performance is literally negligible between the two companies in terms of single core performance right now, and Ryzen might even be better with 4th gen, but you get insanely better multicore and SMT performance from Ryzen and at a better cost.

Don't get me wrong, I used to go with Intel because of the fact that they had the better CPU's, but now it's pointless.
I'm still using a 6700K myself, but when it comes time to upgrade, I'm going with Ryzen.

But then again, I won't be upgrading anytime soon, and it might be a couple more generations before I start...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I would pick none of it because it's fat, runs too hot, and costs more than it should compared to the higher end Ryzen 3000 series.
Even the motherboards are stupid expensive.
Performance is literally negligible between the two companies in terms of single core performance right now, and Ryzen might even be better with 4th gen, but you get insanely better multicore and SMT performance from Ryzen and at a better cost.

Don't get me wrong, I used to go with Intel because of the fact that they had the better CPU's, but now it's pointless.
I'm still using a 6700K myself, but when it comes time to upgrade, I'm going with Ryzen.

But then again, I won't be upgrading anytime soon, and it might be a couple more generations before I start seriously considering it, and maybe by then Intel will have something that's actually worth it and for the right price.

I'm not a fan boy, I don't care either which way about either company, I only care about my wallet and getting the absolute most from it, and for a while now, and most likely for a while to come, it looks like AMD is the better choice.

And in regards to your actual question where my only choices were to be those CPU's you've selected, I cannot give an answer because they aren't worth the money spent and in a world of only Intel CPU's, I would personally choose a couple generations older CPU from them most likely second hand at a lower cost simply because I don't feel they are worth the investment.

Solution
I got i7 10700K recently, and overall I'm happy with the performance/price.. but it's not really any better than i9 9900KS or 9900K processors I had in past.

So I think Intel should really make a new 10th gen desktop processor, i9 10900PG "Pro Gamer" edition processor with ~5.1-5.2GHz all core boost clock speed.
You can use XTU to run all your cores at 5.1-5.2 while playing games,games use much less resources than the stress tests people use to make sure that their overclock is stable.
There isn't even a game out there that will use all of your 16 logical cores.