News Intel demonstrates PyTorch AI optimizations for accelerating large language models on its Arc Alchemist GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2023
So they put there which model? 13B? Edit - ok, 7B... And tokens per second? I was running 13B, quantified on Quadro P5000 with ~16t/s, looks like Intel is still far behind CUDA...

CmdrShepard

Prominent
BANNED
Dec 18, 2023
So they put there which model? 13B? Edit - ok, 7B... And tokens per second? I was running 13B, quantified on Quadro P5000 with ~16t/s, looks like Intel is still far behind CUDA...
I don't think CUDA has anything to do with that, you simply have faster GPU even if a bit long in the tooth.

Perhaps they can optimize that further, but a 3rd player in GPU landscape is sorely needed so I hope they succeed.

Jul 1, 2023
I don't think CUDA has anything to do with that, you simply have faster GPU even if a bit long in the tooth.

Perhaps they can optimize that further, but a 3rd player in GPU landscape is sorely needed so I hope they succeed.
Me too. I was thinking about ARC because of price, about AMD too, but they don't have as good and easy to use tools as nVidia, plus really that CUDA architecture is approx. 2.5x faster with same cores count than these two manufacturers. Intel has some openAPI attempts, been of few workshops, but still far behind nVidia and their tools and developer help.

Status
Not open for further replies.