Intel DG965OT - How to use the HD Audio Link?

P-Trix

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2006
I have an Intel DG965OT board in my HTPC. I have just bought a MSI 7300GS with HDMI out.

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to connect the SPDIF to the HD Audio Link on the DG965OT?

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Given it looks like the card comes with a digital audio cable, you would connect this to the digital audio connector on the mobo. The manual that came with the mobo board or the on-line manual should tell you where it is. If your using the digital connection from your CD or DVD, you'll likely have to switch to the 4 pin connector that I think is analogue. Usually, you only have one digital connector and two analogue, one for the DVD or CD and one for the case.

rudyc

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007
Hi there

I've just bought the same mobo and gpu. Did you manage to get any info on how to connect the card to the SPDIF? The doesn't seem to be a connector on the mobo! :?

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Hi there

I've just bought the same mobo and gpu. Did you manage to get any info on how to connect the card to the SPDIF? The doesn't seem to be a connector on the mobo! :?

This is the on line manual for that board. Start on page 51, shows all mobo connectors as well as installation instructions for audio.

TRENDING THREADS