Question Intel DH61ZE can't Update Bios from 0099 to 0120. ME version in bios show 0.0.0.0

Aug 28, 2019
Hey there, i actually have an Intel DH61ZE. The BIOS version was 0036 so i updated to 0048 and then to 0099 version. They both went succesfull. Then in tried install 0120 bios but i got error that "Unsoppurted legacy bios" and as i was looking in the bios for hints i saw that the me version was shown as 0.0.0.0, The desktop is working fine and i'm actually posting from that same computer that has this board. But i just want to update the bios to the latest version. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

There are no special steps required for updating from BIOS version later than 0099 to a more current BIOS version. You needed to confirm that Management Engine version 8.x was installed in earlier steps before updating to version 0099.

It appears you skipped these steps:

If the computer’s current BIOS version is 0048:

1.Check if the Intel Management Engine (Intel ME) Firmware is version 7 or 8.

a)Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup.
b)Go to the Main > System Identification Information screen
c)The Intel ME version is listed here.
d)Press F10 to exit BIOS Setup.

2.If the Intel ME version is 7.x, use the BE0048.BIO file to do a BIOS Recovery and then check the Intel ME Firmware version again to confirm that version 8.x has been installed.

3.Then update to version 0099 before updating to any later BIOS version, using one of these methods:

Express BIOS Update
F7 BIOS Flash Update
iFlash Update

Once a board has been converted to 0099 or later, it will no longer be possible to downgrade the BIOS to version 0048 or earlier. Attempting a BIOS downgrade to a previous version may fail –the board BIOS will remain at its current version.