Intel Documents Leak Two More 32nm Atom Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... just DX9? Common?![/citation]
Can't have it both ways, buddy. Weak CPU for strong power savings, or the other way around. If powerful gaming is what you're after, this CPU is not for you.

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... just DX9? Common?![/citation]

No need to complain about this only having DX9...it is an Atom.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
No need to complain about this only having DX9...it is an Atom.

Yeah, because there's no processor out there that has good integrated graphics in a power envelope of 10W.

Oh wait. It's called the AMD C-60 APU.

And as for less that 6W? Well, there's the Z-01. That's 5.9W and supports DX11.

Oh yeah, and those ones came out in June (August for the C-60).

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

And my next netbook simply will not be. The hype is down; enough with the small bastards. My netbook so far is only useful as a Wi-Fi antenna for my desktop.

summitflier

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Yeah, it's "only" an Atom, no where near a quad care 64 bit i7. But you have to admit, 1.3 is impressive. This isn't a gaming CPU, it isn't meat for servers or virtualization, it's a low end embedded device CPU. A competitor for the ARM CPUs. Faster speeds? Lower power usage? I'm not sure about heat dissapation or price compared to ARM, but this could be a market changer.

G

summitflier: 1.3w is average power, which probably is mostly sitting idle. Whereas AMD's C-X0 probably averages similar, and ARM has an absolute max of 1-2w for a full SOC that includes telephony and other IO, and an average power consumption of well under 1w. It's really not that impressive, much less revolutionary.

The last part puts the processor in perspective.

Only the higher-end model of the mobile variant can play Blu-Ray. While AMD's E-350 has plenty of power to do so, and maybe even some older games.

[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]And my next netbook simply will not be. The hype is down; enough with the small bastards. My netbook so far is only useful as a Wi-Fi antenna for my desktop.[/citation]
Mine is very useful. It perfectly suppliments my three personal desktops, my three office desktops, my company laptop, and my personal laptop.

Of course, I did not have unreasonable expectations when I bought it.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Neither did I. It's great for work, too, because it's easy to carry around, but I find myself growing tired of the small screen and the keyboard. Battery life is great, sure, but I don't really need it... 2 hours is usually enough for me. So I think I'll get something 14-15'' next time - my eyesight's importance and performance >>>>>>>>> mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.