Question Intel DP55SD Error Code 27 - Confirming Memory ?

Mar 22, 2022
Hello all. I'm building a system using some older components (its mainly going to be a retro PC gaming build).
I'm using:

an intel i5-650,
intel DP55SD motherboard
8GB of Corsair XMS3 RAM (two 4GB sticks @ 1333 MHz)
nVidia GT 1050 graphics card
500 watt Power Supply,
PNY 250 GB SSD.

I put the system together and upon initial start-up, with no OS installed, I keep getting an error code 27 on the motherboard. The instructions says that its "configuring memory", but doesn't offer any other information on it. I'm also having a hard time using my "google-fu" to find any elaboration on what that means. Even if I move the RAM sticks around to different DIMM slots, I keep getting the same error.

The only time I get anything different is if I plug in a single 4GB stick, I can get the code of 4F displayed on the board. In either of these, I can't get into the BIOS, my monitor is black and it looks like my peripheral devices (mouse and keyboard) are not receiving any power. Is this an issue that anyone else happens to have any experience with? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Some further details are that the motherboard, while old, was sealed brand new in the box as was the graphics card, RAM, SSD and power supply. The CPU was purchased used from Amazon a few years ago.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS