[SOLVED] Intel DP67BG motherboard 2 per second beep and does not boot

johnsallen

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
My Powerspec G160 computer (2011 vintage) with Intel DP67BG motherboard has been reliable but now does not boot. It gets partway through the boot process and then hangs, with a continuous 2 per second beep. This beep code is not in Intel documentation I have found online. The computer gets as far as displaying the first BIOS messages -- and then hangs, with this beep code. I suspect a bad boot drive -- it is a solid-state drive. Can anyone identify this beep code or tell me what is happening?

Update, next day: the computer booted normally this morning. I ran a Windows system image to back up the drive. I know that solid state drives shuffle data around to even out wear and so can repair themselves, up to a point. Does that describe what is happening? I am considering buying a replacement drive and cloning the one I am now using.

Solution
I had this problem recently....and was told there is no such beep code. Lots of research later it seems that this indicates no memory detected. And sure enough, a new memory kit fixed the problem. YMMV, of course, but it worked for me.

Larry

Imacflier

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014
I had this problem recently....and was told there is no such beep code. Lots of research later it seems that this indicates no memory detected. And sure enough, a new memory kit fixed the problem. YMMV, of course, but it worked for me.

Larry

Solution

TRENDING THREADS