[SOLVED] Intel DPTF driver problem

Jan 8, 2020
Hello,

I'm on a Asus ROG GL-552VW running Windows 10 pro 64 bit, today i noticed on the device manager a problem with the Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework Generic Participant Driver, it says "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)", I tried uninstalling the driver but Windows keep reinstalling the driver, I also tried to update the driver from the cd that came with the laptop, but nothing works. Please let me know if there's a solution , thank you in advance!

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop(and subsequently the latest ME drivers/updates). Also, which version are you for Windows 10? We're currently on 1909.

If you uninstall the drivers, make sure you've reinstalled the chipset and I/O drivers manually in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator

Lutfij

Titan

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop(and subsequently the latest ME drivers/updates). Also, which version are you for Windows 10? We're currently on 1909.

If you uninstall the drivers, make sure you've reinstalled the chipset and I/O drivers manually in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator

Solution
Jan 8, 2020

Thank you for your help, I was on an old Bios version, flashed the the update and it solved my problem