Question Intel Driver Download

dforrest

Honorable
Jan 31, 2018
Can someone please tell me where I can download a driver for "Intel(R) Xeon(R) E3 - 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) PCIe Controller (x8) - 1905".

kanewolf

Titan
Thanks, I have a Gigabyte Z370XP SLI motherboard. I have tried the Intel Driver & Support Assistant but it does no have any reference to PCIe drivers.
First Xeon CPUs are not supported on that motherboard -- https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370XP-SLI-rev-10/support#support-cpu
That could be your first problem.
Any drivers that you need for a SUPPORTED CPU would be here -- https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370XP-SLI-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-chipset

dforrest

Honorable
Jan 31, 2018
Thank you kanewolf. I certainly have Xeon PCIe drivers installed in my system. They are listed by Device Manager by that name. They were either installed when I purchased the computer, new, or have been changed by Windows Update. The are installed in both x8 and x16 versions. My x8 slot is functioning but my x16 slot is not. I have just seen a mistake in my first post here. I am searching for the "Intel(R) Xeon(R) E3 - 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) PCIe Controller (x16) - 1901" driver and not the "Intel(R) Xeon(R) E3 - 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) PCIe Controller (x8) - 1905" driver.

The web page you gave in the first link includes my CPU (Intel Core i5 8600K), but which of the files listed in you second link, includes the driver(s) I need?

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

kanewolf

Titan
Thank you kanewolf. I certainly have Xeon PCIe drivers installed in my system. They are listed by Device Manager by that name. They were either installed when I purchased the computer, new, or have been changed by Windows Update. The are installed in both x8 and x16 versions. My x8 slot is functioning but my x16 slot is not. I have just seen a mistake in my first post here. I am searching for the "Intel(R) Xeon(R) E3 - 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) PCIe Controller (x16) - 1901" driver and not the "Intel(R) Xeon(R) E3 - 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) PCIe Controller (x8) - 1905" driver.

The web page you gave in the first link includes my CPU (Intel Core i5 8600K), but which of the files listed in you second link, includes the driver(s) I need?

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.
If you have an I5 why do you keep referencing "Intel(R) Xeon(R) E3 - 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen" ? You have confused the situation significantly by specifically identifying an Xeon ...