Intel Fanboys still waiting for Conroe

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
But even when the Intel CPU is overclocked at 4.26 GHz, the dualcore Athlon 64 FX processors still offer better results for most applications. Sure, the new Extreme Edition CPU is competitive, but it does not outperform the Athlon 64 FX-60, even at 3.73 GHz.

Costs a grand too..

I disagree with you posting in this fashion. Of course Intel fanboys are waiting for the next big thing. I sick of looking at the same FX-60 benchmarks and I'm waiting for the next big thing from AMD.

What's up with the immature "AMD pwns Intel" junk? The fact is that even though AMD has an edge with their FX-60 it is a very small edge. AMD is superior by a matter of a few frames per second, they are not blowing Intel out of the water.

If Intel delivers the numbers they have promised it will be enough to convert those of us who are truly performance fanboys over to Intel. However, if Intel fails to deliver or if AMD turns it up a notch I think you'll see some Intel boys starting to buy AMD.

Also, you describe Conroe as costing over $1000, NOT TRUE. The Conroe we saw benchmarked will be in a reasonable price range ($300-$500 I believe). They will have other, faster processors that will cost more than the 2.66ghz one we saw.

Now this is by far one of the most intelligent posts I've seen in a long time! I totally agree with you on this one.

If I had a choice to spend a grand on a new chip, it would most certainly be the EE965. I would want a chip that can overclock easily and run stable at higher clock speeds. But that is only because I overclock everything.

The FX60 does run good at stock speeds but, for a thousand dollar chip that only overclocks 2-500Mhz more, I would rather spend it on the Intel and get more out of it.

TRENDING THREADS