intel format problem

dhocken6135

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
i had a amd build that worked ok, now i am building an intel system but windows wants a hard drive to be in a different format. bought a fresh drive but now cant format that one either. tried third party format utility, but get missing cmd line, ive typed the windows key in so many times i have it memorized... any suggestions?

I have read your question three times, and i'm still unsure what the problem is, could you please try to describe it differently? Apparently, you were re-using a hard drive from an older AMD build for a newer Intel PC, and Windows tells you that the HDD format is not usable, is that it? I assume you get some message during the Windows installation, correct? When exactly and what does the message say exactly?

You have then bought a new HDD, tried installing Windows on it, and again it's not letting you. Again, what error are you getting, exactly, and when you are doing what, exactly?

dhocken6135

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016

dhocken6135

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
I used the same hard drives for one the and build, got a new Asus Intel motherboard, now it can't find the operating system, so I take my windows 8.1 install disk but it says the disks are all met and it needs got, however I just got a fresh disk and formatted it got, and now it says it can,the install Windows because it is for, arrgg

dhocken6135

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016

dhocken6135

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
sorry for previous post, i was using a tablet with a popup keyboard. my problem is i have a new intel motherboard and have a copy of win pro 8.1. When i tried to install windows, i got the message "mbr partition, efi system needs gpt disks". now i put in a new 1.0 tb hard drive and get "blank media, insert bootable media and restart. ok, i take the disk and attach to another computer and format gpt, now i get message can't install windows, disk formatted gpt, thats where i am now