Intel graphics in a Intel i5 660?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Any GPU that's still manufactured will CRUSH the old Intel HD graphics, which sucked even when it was new eight years ago. Expect an enormous performance improvement for things that are GPU limited and not CPU limited.

That said, you need to be aware that you're using a nearly decade old single core...

Xyloriuphon

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

Sorry, I wrote this too fast.... Im wondering if any of these can run a game better then the Hd graphics.... At all, if not, i will see if i can find a Hd7750 low profile card.....

Xyloriuphon

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

Okay, Here are two more questions, Do you know what is in the Hd Graphics in a intel it 660? please tell me, and, The games im planning to play are:

Team fortress 2

Garry's mod

Minecraft (tekkit)

Gt legends (2005 Simulator)

Will i have good Fps with the 620? And, Please specify the link on my question with the greatest graphics card...

Xyloriuphon

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

So, then, these games can be run with a playable fps?

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010

Any GPU that's still manufactured will CRUSH the old Intel HD graphics, which sucked even when it was new eight years ago. Expect an enormous performance improvement for things that are GPU limited and not CPU limited.

That said, you need to be aware that you're using a nearly decade old single core processor. It's just not going to perform well with modern software, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Solution

Xyloriuphon

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
... actually, Its quad core, i5, 3.33ghz.... I dont think thats slow, but, i agree, this thing does need a GPU upgrade, Hopefully some low profile cards will fit in the Hp Compaq 8100 Elite SFF (which is the desktop im talking about...)

It is actually a dual core with ht. http://ark.intel.com/products/43550/Intel-Core-i5-660-Processor-4M-Cache-3_33-GHz It is also only 3 years old, he confused it with the pentium 4 660 which does not have igpu and was released 8 years ago as he pointed out. Back then, it was on the mobo and had gma branding not hd.

Status
Not open for further replies.