Intel Graphics required ?

JiteshCR7

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
I recently installed Win 8.1 in my Lenovo Thinkpad L421 and I have only installed the AMD driver so far. I haven't installed Intel HD graphics driver yet but everything seems to be fine ! Should I install it ? What difference is it gonna make ?

Solution
Can you list your full system specs? Most likely you only need one or the other, depending on your specific configuration. There is probably a different revision of your laptop that do not include the dedicated AMD card, which is why both drivers are provided. If you have the AMD graphics, you shouldn't need the Intel HD driver, unless you have switchable graphics. In this case, I believe you will need to install both drivers.

dav_jw

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Can you list your full system specs? Most likely you only need one or the other, depending on your specific configuration. There is probably a different revision of your laptop that do not include the dedicated AMD card, which is why both drivers are provided. If you have the AMD graphics, you shouldn't need the Intel HD driver, unless you have switchable graphics. In this case, I believe you will need to install both drivers.

Solution