Intel has shares in AMD !

scarywoody

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well intel has always supported AMD (not so much now that AMD is getting so popular)...if it weren't for intel there would be no AMD.

G

to bad spudmuffin wont be back for a while..

he would of loved to see this

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It could well date from times decade or more ago when Intel needed AMD's help to meet the demand -- back in age of 386's I suppose... Intel enter into agreement with AMD in which it disclosed its technology and licenses so AMD would make chips for them -- Intel's fabs couldn't keep up with the demand. At that time it would have made perfect sense for Intel to invest in AMD, since it was more of an ally or helper then a competitor...

or I suppose it could be so they could attend their meetings or get internal/shareholder info...

or it could be they just know good investment when they see one:)

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Very common practice for a company to own stock in a competing company. No big deal.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
For your personnnal info how much stock do you think intel own.
A couple of year ago there was a fusion on Microsoft/IBM/apple/Sun microsysteme/Intel.The terms was not made public or i was never able tho find it or that was just not trust but i dont think that a magazin will to that just for fun.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Intel lossing money... LOL... Did you also know AMD owns Intel stocks... Northwood will make AMD rich...

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

G

dont you tink it would be funny that Intel Buy 60% of AMD stock and just simply shut it down???(or AMD buy intel)

Do you tink they would have the $$$ to do that ????????
;-)

G

Yep, it will be against the anti-trust laws. They can't do that. Hey, and could they be together? This is a conspiracy!!! :wink:

Where the <b>hell</b> is that AnyKey?