Intel HD 4000 enough for everyday use?

PlayerDot

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2012
I really need to get a laptop for university, to work on translation, maybe to take it with me when I'm out of country and stuff like that, but I am trying to get one for as cheap as possible.

I have a gaming desktop computer at home, so I only need this laptop for the most basic of things, like browsing the interwebs, IMing, writing documents, updating glossaries etc.

Maybe if there is too much free time inbetween those I think I would like to throw in a movie, maybe flash games or older PC games, and, if possible, run a GBA emulator?

The laptop has 4GB ram, so I was wondering if this IGP would suffice for all the things I listed?
If not all, could you tell me which of the listed things?
I'd like to know my options before making a purchase.

Solution
Yes, it should be enough. You may want to add more RAM if you're worried about what the IGP may use, but for basic needs, even that shouldn't be necessary.

Hello man

Honorable

I use a late 2012 macbook pro retina 13 inch. It has the Intel 4000 chip. It will even do some basic gaming, such as mine craft and League of Legends.

bdiddytampa

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
I've got an ASUS X501A with an Ivy Bridge i3 in it, running the 4000 graphics, and it will do everything you need it to do. I've got a bunch of Steam games I play on it as well, nothing intensive, but it'll run quite a bit. It will also play HD videos with no problems as well.

TRENDING THREADS