May 21, 2022
Hello. I need your help. I am the owner of a laptop with two video cards. and the other is Nvidia, and the other is Intel HD 4000. In the Nvidia settings, I don't have sliders for changing the gamma, brightness and contrast. Therefore, when the game starts, its color is the same as the default one in the Intel HD display Driver.

The problem is that it is not so easy to adjust the gamma, contrast and brightness more precisely through the sliders in the Intel Display settings to the desired level. By default, I have the following settings: Brightness 0 / Contrast 50 / Gamma 1.0

When starting the game, I would like to make the game more light and contrast. I set the Contrast slider to 51, but it's too bright. So much so that the working folders are highlighted. That is, not only the game becomes brighter, but also the desktop itself. I like the contrast in the Intel Display settings, but I would like to make it a little smaller. Therefore, my question sounds like this: "Is it possible somewhere in regedit or the profile files themselves to manually register the contrast not by 50, not by 51, but 50.3 or 50.5. That is, to force the Contrast to be in the middle between the number 50 and 51. That would be the perfect contrast I need.

May 21, 2022
Thanks for stopping by my post and replying! Yes, you are right about fractional numbers. It would be great if Contrast could be adjusted like Gamma, where there are these very fractional numbers.

It is somehow very sad that you cannot adjust the Contrast with fractional numbers on the sliders. I'm trying to find something tangible on the Internet about this, but nothing sensible is found.😕

Intersting moment. In the "Video" section of the Intel Control Panel, there are fractional numbers on the Contrast slider. There you can fine-tune the display of Contrast in video (video players). Why they did not do the same in the "Display" section is not clear.

Last edited: