Intel HD 530 Graphics + Acer XB270HU GSync Display Issues

skylinegtr191

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Guys, I can't seem to figure this out. I'm currently without a dedicated GPU, but my motherboard is equipped with a DisplayPort. When I plug my display into the motherboard, turn on the PC, I can see the enter bios options, I can see the Windows 10 logo/circle thing then the display goes to standby instantly.

I have enabled the IGD in the bios for integrated graphics, but still, the monitor will get all the way to the Windows loading screen and then instantly go into standby.

If I press F8 while the PC boots, I can get into the troubleshooting section and I can even get into safe mode and the display works.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Specs:
MSI Z170i Gaming Pro AC ITX
16GB DDR4
Samsung 1TB M.2 Sata SSD
HX1000i PSU
Acer XB270HU GSync 144Hz (only has a single DP for video connections)

Solution
I FIGURED IT OUT.

So.. I went into the special start up options and chose to start Windows in low resolution mode. It worked. I then opened up the Intel Graphics Settings and went to Display and noticed the resolution was set to 800x600 (because I chose to start it up in low resolution mode).

I then selected 2560x1440 @144Hz and clicked apply. Instantly went back to monitor stand by with just an all black screen. It went back to 800x600 because I didn't agree to the resolution change. I then tried 2560x1440p at 60Hz instead of 144Hz and low and behold.. It works.

This tells me the monitor was setting itself to 144Hz and the HDMI can't output at 144Hz? That's my guess, anyways.

Sorry for all the rambling. Basically, if you have the...

skylinegtr191

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Installed it, restarted it and still nothing. HOWEVER, I went back into safe mode and uninstalled the Intel HD driver from Programs and Features and when it restarted, the display stays on and I'm in Windows. Without an Intel HD driver, it works and doesn't go into standby?

skylinegtr191

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
I FIGURED IT OUT.

So.. I went into the special start up options and chose to start Windows in low resolution mode. It worked. I then opened up the Intel Graphics Settings and went to Display and noticed the resolution was set to 800x600 (because I chose to start it up in low resolution mode).

I then selected 2560x1440 @144Hz and clicked apply. Instantly went back to monitor stand by with just an all black screen. It went back to 800x600 because I didn't agree to the resolution change. I then tried 2560x1440p at 60Hz instead of 144Hz and low and behold.. It works.

This tells me the monitor was setting itself to 144Hz and the HDMI can't output at 144Hz? That's my guess, anyways.

Sorry for all the rambling. Basically, if you have the same issue as me, go into Windows Troubleshooting from pressing F8 at start up, then go to low resolution mode and once you're at the desktop, go into Intel Graphics Settings and change the resolution to 2560x1440p @ 60Hz.

Solution