[SOLVED] Intel HD Graphics 5500 bottleneck

macrow7

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
My friend's pc has an i5005U, 4GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 5500 and he always played cs: go with averages of 80 fps. Recently he noticed that the fps were at 80fps and dropped to 25 and that the use of the gpu was at 100 and from nowhere it was also down to 20.

If anyone knows of a possible solution to this problem please comment below.

Solution
That could be an issue with thermal throttling. Some laptops struggle to run games and keep up with cooling down the system.

Thermal throttling is caused when either GPU or CPU temperatures get above safe operating temperatures so the motherboard slows it down in an attempt to cool down the components and prevent damaging the system.

My guess to fixing it would be to clean the vents with a can of air, close unnecessary background apps, using vsync, or possibly purchasing a laptop cooling pad.
Remember to always try and use laptops on a hard, flat surface, especially when gaming.
Jun 3, 2019
That could be an issue with thermal throttling. Some laptops struggle to run games and keep up with cooling down the system.

Thermal throttling is caused when either GPU or CPU temperatures get above safe operating temperatures so the motherboard slows it down in an attempt to cool down the components and prevent damaging the system.

My guess to fixing it would be to clean the vents with a can of air, close unnecessary background apps, using vsync, or possibly purchasing a laptop cooling pad.
Remember to always try and use laptops on a hard, flat surface, especially when gaming.

Reactions: macrow7
Solution