Intel HD graphics settings

lighten1g

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
In school there are PC with Intel HD graphics and monitor, which allows only 1366x768 @ 60hz. But resolution is set to 1024x768, because projector can't handle bigger one. But screen doesn't fit perfectly with that resolution, so I tried to change hz in Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, because it helped me once on my PC. I accidentally set 120hz and monitor shows, that it can't show screen in more than 60hz. I can't see anything more than this warning, I can only use PC with disabled drivers, but then there aren't Aero and etc. I can't reach Intel HD graphics Control Panel with disabled drivers. I tried to uninstall them and wanted to install again, but Windows detected a new hardware, it installed automatically and it set again to 120hz.
Maybe I can change this setting without Intel HD Graphics Control Panel?
Any solutions or suggestions?
Sorry for bad english.
P.S. No solutions like reinstall Windows or plug-in 120hz monitor and change it, thanks :)

Solution
Yes, that's what I'd try first. It's actually starting to sound like you've got an actual hardware problem but let's eliminate all the possibilities first.
Changing the Hz frequency has nothing to do with what resolution will used. Change it back to the default frequency. You will probably need to boot into safe mode to do this if the display is all screwed up now. Just right click on the desktop, select display settings or screen resolution, click advanced settings, then change the frequency back to default. Click ok and in the first screen you had, the display or resolution window, click the box that says resolution and adjust your screen resolution there.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/change-your-screen-resolution

lighten1g

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
when i increased hz in settings, monitor show warning that it cant display more than 60hz and i cant control my pc, because i cant see anything. and i cant decrease hz, because when i disable intel hd graphics device in safe mode, i cant reach intel hd control panel, where i changed hz. when i enable it again, it automatically changes to 120hz and monitor cant show anything again. when i disable intel hd graphics, in windows settings i cant change hz too, because it doesnt give any option, i just want to change to default freq, but i cant :(

I'd go into control panel, device manager, and uninstall the device, then reboot. It should return to the correct default settings once it's detected by windows upon reboot. You might have to reinstall the drivers, but probably not if you just uninstall the device in device manager and don't click the box to uninstall the driver along with it.