intel hd graphics vs integrated gpu of apu

ankanekansh

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
For light to mid gaming, which igpu is better? Intel's or apu's?

For example integrated gpu of amd a8 6600k is better than intel hd 2500 of intel i3?

Solution
No, not sure what you have seen but its wrong. The G3220 cannot overclock. The only Pentium which can overclock is the G3258. That would be better than the FX 4300, but you would need a more expensive motherboard to be able to overclock it. If you are tight on money, its not a good idea.

So the FX 4300 and the Nvidia GT 730 still are the best choices.

Both are CPU units with integrated GPUs. It won't be too much worse in CPU performance because the APU is a quad-core at 4.2Ghz, and the i3 is a dual-core. Then the graphics for the APU are way way faster here.

Many AAA games will not even play with intel integrated graphics.
The graphics in a APU is on par with a low end dedicated graphics card like a r7-240 so it is better then the intel integrated graphics.

Now with that said the APUs are horrible CPUs and will bottleneck a medium end card. The best of the best cpu you can put in an fm2 motherboard is worse then the fx-6300 or the core i3 which are middle of the road cpus. Most people who buy into an fm2 socket for gaming hit a roadblock as soon as they want to upgrade and either replace the board and cpu or settle for not playing any cpu intensive games higher then medium settings at 1080p.

ankanekansh

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
Ive seen people using 8gb 1866mhz ram in dual channel with a8 6600k to play modern games on low like far cry 3, 4, bf4, nfs run, rivals, titanfall, gta 4, cod ghosts, advanced warfare, watch dogs, etc
P.s. i dont mind playing any game on low, i just need playable fps cuz i enjoy the storyline not the graphics

In that case the A8 6600k might do what you want. Those games have a fair chance of being playable on low settings, and if you overclock the GPU a bit there is a good chance of it running pretty well. Its below the r7 240 dedicated GPU, but for dropping all the settings off it won't be too bad.

If you can get an A10 though, the GPU gets a significant improvement and then can run some games on medium settings.

Depends where you are at in the world and the prices. Sometimes you can get a CPU and dedicated GPU for about the same price, which usually has better performance. Outside of that, only another APU is considerable. Intel's HD stuff is good, but it varies a lot between models, and only the expensive ones get adequate performance.

ankanekansh

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015

I'm from India. I can spend Max Rs 10,000(165$ approx) to Rs 12,000(200$ approx) on CPU+gpu. If that isn't possible, a8 6800k or a10 5800k is for me :D

ankanekansh

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015

Will fx 4300 be compatible with that GPU if I decide not to go for apu?
Cuz Intel seems lil expensive for tight budget

No, not sure what you have seen but its wrong. The G3220 cannot overclock. The only Pentium which can overclock is the G3258. That would be better than the FX 4300, but you would need a more expensive motherboard to be able to overclock it. If you are tight on money, its not a good idea.

So the FX 4300 and the Nvidia GT 730 still are the best choices.

Solution