[SOLVED] intel hd graphics

Jan 31, 2021
i have intel hd graphics if i increase system ram will it help in performance i have 3gb rn will i get more performance if i upgrade to 8gb

i have intel hd graphics if i increase system ram will it help in performance i have 3gb rn will i get more performance if i upgrade to 8gb
It depends.
  • If you're using a 32-bit OS, 3GB is basically the limit. Adding more won't do anything
  • If you're not running out of RAM to begin with, adding more won't do anything.
You can try in your computer's BIOS settings to make sure that the amount reserved for the GPU is set to the maximum just to be sure. But outside of that, you'd have to get faster RAM to improve iGPU performance. However, this may not be an option if your motherboard doesn't support anything faster than what you already have.

Jan 31, 2021
It depends.
  • If you're using a 32-bit OS, 3GB is basically the limit. Adding more won't do anything
  • If you're not running out of RAM to begin with, adding more won't do anything.
You can try in your computer's BIOS settings to make sure that the amount reserved for the GPU is set to the maximum just to be sure. But outside of that, you'd have to get faster RAM to improve iGPU performance. However, this may not be an option if your motherboard doesn't support anything faster than what you already have.
i am running windows 10 64 bit my motherboard supports 1066 mhz ram right now i have 500mhz ram will getting 8gb 1066mhz ram increase performance. i dont have any option in bios too too sad

Wolfshadw

Titan
@hotaru.hino
Before you waste too much of your time, you may want to preview what's already been discussed.

Wolfshadw

Solution
Jan 31, 2021
@hotaru.hino
Before you waste too much of your time, you may want to preview what's already been discussed.

Wolfshadw
i was waiting for someone to come and say that u have already discussed this lol sorry for wasting ur guys time