Intel HD4600 Integrated Graphics not appearing

CPPCS

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017
Specs: Windows 7 64-bit, i5 4690K, Gigabyte B85-HD3 Motherboard, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 750GB SSD

The Intel graphics drivers are installed, both through a download from their website and through the device manager auto-update utility. The driver also does appear on the 'add or remove programs' list, but as far as windows is concerned all I have is a 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter'.

This is causing my resolution to be capped at 1024x768 (1080p monitor) so everything is uncomfortably large.

My Windows is fully updated and I have also installed various versions of the Intel drivers, none of which work. A curious thing to also note, the Intel Graphics control panel does absolutely nothing when I run it, it doesn't even appear on the task manager processes.

Hope you guys can help me!

Solution

Hi! Sorry, I did manage to solve this eventually, I needed to do a clean uninstall using a third-party tool before I installed the drivers. Thanks for the advice though!

CPPCS

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

Hi! Sorry, I did manage to solve this eventually, I needed to do a clean uninstall using a third-party tool before I installed the drivers. Thanks for the advice though!

Solution