INTEL Helps Customers Counter Falling Performance (Astounding!!)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fangirl, ther is no hope for him. He has not only convinced himself that AMD is God but has also convinced himself that he knows whats right no matter what we say or do.

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008

Is this for real?!
Its amazing what some people consider a viable business these days eh. Even more amazing is that i bet they have actually sold some ^^
I ran the free test and it just looked like a picture of a sunbed.

Heh, no it's a joke, just like the rest of the links I posted. If you look closely at the attractive woman in the video, her "tan" looks rather red and blotchy, sorta pre-cancerous. In fact, it's a safety message about not exposing your skin to too much UV.

There's no way you can alter the CCFL lamps in most LCD monitors to selectively emit more UV light - that's a function of the mercury vapor inside plus the coatings that absorb the UV and other wavelengths and then re-emit in the visible spectrum. Then there's red, green & blue filters and then LCD "gates" that control how much of each red, green & blue are passed through to make up each pixel. Hopefully OLED panels will obsolete this in the near future..

This thread is about certain fanbois here, not AMD vs. Intel. The latter has been covered ad nauseum in too many other threads :)

MarkG

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2004

Then why aren't AMD selling desktop CPUs for $1000? Do you think they don't want to sell CPUs at that price, or is it because no-one at all would buy them?

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador

We need a mod to lock these kinda threads.

medjohnson77

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008

Because AMD are gods, and they are the good doers and Evil Intel is nothing but Evil doers, because they care about us little guys, :sarcastic: :pt1cable: :lol:

Sounds like another circle jerk, or Pi$$ing in the wind, markG, or braggin rights for some not all, ooh I have a thousand dollar processor. I can tell you this, I won't buy a $1000 dollar processor from any company, Intel or AMD. If I made a living with that computer, $40,000 plus a year bring home, and sat at home working from it the bulk of my work day, then maybe, it might be justified, the rest is just braggin rights and eye candy. I will take my Phenom II 940 any day or my Intel I7 920 soon to be build over any companys $500+ processor. I have better things to spend my money on.

To answer your question: I am sure that they (amd) would love to make as much profit off a chip that the consumer is willing to pay, and if a Phenom II was reversed with a I7 performance wise or was at the same level, Yes I do believe there would be people out there willing to buy it at a grand.

In fact if the Phenom II was better then a I7 965, I think that there would be a rebelion against Intel amounst there wana be fans and the die hard fanboys, And Thounder would lead the army to the gates of the Evil empire and strike down all the non believers!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

yomamafor1

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007

I highly recommend a little change in the draft. ;)

1. Insult whoever recommends Intel
2. Called Intel evil
3. Use Youtube video made by home users for proof
4. Concludes that Intel is evil.

LOL - I'm sure they knew that already. If you rest the cursor on the link, the actual address should appear in the lower left corner of the status bar, on IE6 anyway :)

However the other links appear to be NSFW since my work server blocked them. Now I expect to get a nastygram from the IT dept. about Internet abuse :)

randomizer

Champion

Not everyone reads that :kaola: