[SOLVED] Intel i11900k CPU reaching 100c while gaming and stress testing

Apr 26, 2022
Hi, I built my pc 9 months ago, and I've been using it mainly for gaming and some CAD programs. About 2 weeks ago, it started crashing and rebooting through blue screens many of the times. I've been troubleshooting my pc and realized that my idle cpu temps are between 45-55c degrees. However, while gaming and during stress tests, the cpu temps rise very quickly to 100c and thermal throttles through all the test or gaming session time. I tried deactivating XMP, and high performance power manangement profile on windows, setting fans and pump to maximum values and cpu temps continue to rise to 100c. I would really aprecciate some help in order to solve this issue.

Thank you very much!

PC Components List:
  • CPU: Intel i9-11900K
  • GPU: MSI X Trio 3070Ti
  • MB: MSI MPG Z590 Edge WiFi
  • AIO: MSI Liquid Cooler 360R
  • Memory: Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz (8gb X 2)
  • PSU: Gamemax 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold
  • Samsung 980 SSD 500GB
  • Seagate HDD 2TB
  • Case: Corsair 4000D
  • Fans Distr: AIO in front with 3 120mm fans as intake, 2 140mm fans up top as exhaust, and 1 120mm fan in rear as exhaust.

Solution
The 360 version does indeed apply for the recall.

Your case is an excellent one for air cooling, and I would consider a NH-D15s replacement.
As it is now, the most cooling needy part is your graphics card not so much the cpu.
With a front mounted radiator, your graphics card and motherboard VRM heat sinks are cooled with warm incoming air.
Apr 26, 2022
I suspect your AIO is the culprit. The 240r I know has a recall, due to gunk building up in the fin stack, of the water block. The 360r may have the same issue.

If the issue is indeed related to my actual AIO, the best option is replacing it? If it is, which AIO or cooling method should I get on?

The 360 version does indeed apply for the recall.

Your case is an excellent one for air cooling, and I would consider a NH-D15s replacement.
As it is now, the most cooling needy part is your graphics card not so much the cpu.
With a front mounted radiator, your graphics card and motherboard VRM heat sinks are cooled with warm incoming air.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS