[SOLVED] Intel I219-V cannot obtain gigabit speeds

Feb 1, 2022
Hi,

I have a Gigabit line, and I can't get more than 320-330 mbps on cable, and 110-120 on WiFi.

I have a ASUS Z490 Tuf Gaming WiFI (plus).

All drivers are updated and I test through a 5E cable.

I am about 5 meters away from my modem, nothing in the way.

Modem is brand new from ISP, and they have measured Gig speeds from installation.

My iPhone measures 480 mbps on WiFi.

Borrowed my neighbours new Acer PC, it clocks 980 mbps on cable.

All measurements are made on Speedtest.net app.

Any suggestions for network adapter setting, BIOS i.e.?

Thanks in advance

Solution
This is pretty basic stuff. It almost has to be a application issue (ie speedtest or browser). The ports themselves always run at gigabit, the speeds you see are average values.

So if you have a second device or can borrow the pc again I would use a old line mode program called IPERF to test. This is a extremely basic program that is not affected by much other than the nic and its drivers.
The other thing you might try is a USB linux boot image. This runs completely from the USB and most images have a browser pre installed so you can directly run speedtest.

If these work it just indicates there is something set wrong. Who knows what microsoft does sometimes.
This is pretty basic stuff. It almost has to be a application issue (ie speedtest or browser). The ports themselves always run at gigabit, the speeds you see are average values.

So if you have a second device or can borrow the pc again I would use a old line mode program called IPERF to test. This is a extremely basic program that is not affected by much other than the nic and its drivers.
The other thing you might try is a USB linux boot image. This runs completely from the USB and most images have a browser pre installed so you can directly run speedtest.

If these work it just indicates there is something set wrong. Who knows what microsoft does sometimes.

Reactions: dwd999
Solution