Question Intel i3 10100f and Lepa LV12 CPU Cooler: peaking temps a second when opening applications

straycatsfan

Prominent
Sep 21, 2022
Heyho,
just got confused when my Enermax Cooler broke today, so i had a spare Lepa LV12 in an old system to take on sunday as a fix.
As on i5 4460 times earlier i instant remember that whining fan, so i used core temp to have a look what happens when the fan ramps up whining.
See attached pictures please, depending on the aplication and core clock one or maybe two cores of the four heaten up more, 10 celcius more than the rest for maybe a second or even just a half, no idea what to say about this and if it is bad for the CPU when one or two of the four guys raise and fall like that.

Confused that a CPU temp may rise and sink again within a second, sinking maybe half a sec after high rised.

24-26 is idle
coretempidle34co7.png

38 vs end 20s peak 1
coretemppeakruc9n.png

and another application opening peak, more than one core peaked

while the 2nd peak is way more balanced the first one, three end of 20s one end of 30s is confusing me like <Mod Edit>

didnt see that with Enermax Cooler

how to rate/handle/worrie?

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

straycatsfan

Prominent
Sep 21, 2022
For sure not, just the wninign ramping up lead me to see what is happening as it hasnt been so with the Enermax.
And so i figured out realtime on Coretmep that when the fan ramps up for a bit of a second the temp of one or two cores raises +10 and instant after application is openened drops back to +- the same aroudn 10 lower on all cores.
So themal paste mx 4 is fine, cooler is fine, two screws, over cross, no unbalance in plate on plate, no reason for these mhz core up = temp up on one core or maybe two?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
It would indicate, as you have pointed out, that the Enermax cooler is more efficient than the Lepa. I don't feel it is indicative of a problem. The cooler is doing its job. The annoying ranginess should prod you to replace the fan on the Enermax, or the entire cooler soon.

Reactions: straycatsfan

straycatsfan

Prominent
Sep 21, 2022
well while the Enermax ETS-F40-FS itself is a great cooler been now for three years its kit is construction failure
when i bought it one part riveted only, the part where you screw in the srews from cooler, sry for the missing english
i didnt screw hard and one side instant polled through, rivet broken, replaced and worked
now after three years i had to remove him to have place for other works in the case and back on the cooler one rivet instant broke again
and i didnt turn the screw hard, just gentle to find the resistance feeling and it again instant went beserk

backside of the thread:

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Wow, I have never had a cooler break like this outside of something like a drop (etc.) I use an Enermax fan on the office 8400 and it has been a tremendously reliable and quiet cooler. I honestly picked it due to being one of the least expensive options for a known brand (at the time). The stock cooler that came with the 8400 had a bad bearing and Intel just makes it so difficult to deal with over a fan (that they won't just send you) that I opted just to spend a few dollars for expedience.

straycatsfan

Prominent
Sep 21, 2022
well in my eyes it is just weak development/construction at those two points/threads

photo_2023-04-16_18-2olfjo.jpg

photo_2023-04-16_18-2aedla.jpg

just waiting for you to scew it "out"

however, several days that way like now should be safe? untill new cooler arrives? with that temps hopping inside the die? or better keep the machine turned off?