Question intel i5-3470 reaches to 80 at full load, dangerous?

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013
my i5-3470 reaches to 80c at full load when i play kingdom deliverance , but when i play some other game like green hell its around 73c,, is it ok? or dangerous?

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013
i have the stock cooler of intel.. my case have one exhaust cooler at the back.. all other temps are fine, except CPU temps is higher than all other temps.. at idle its around 35c and full load its between 75 - 80c

10-15c. over ambient is fine, particularly for a stock cooler.
One exhaust fan is not great, if your case allows a front intake fan or two, I would add one.
<$10.

Any cooler needs a good source of fresh air to let it do it's job.
Your graphics card will appreciate better cooling also.

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013
10-15c. over ambient is fine, particularly for a stock cooler.
One exhaust fan is not great, if your case allows a front intake fan or two, I would add one.
<$10.

Any cooler needs a good source of fresh air to let it do it's job.
Your graphics card will appreciate better cooling also.
thank you, why do u think my cpu temp only reaches to 80 when i play kingdomcome deliverance.. is it because it requires 12 GB ram recommended and i only have 8GB?

thank you, why do u think my cpu temp only reaches to 80 when i play kingdomcome deliverance.. is it because it requires 12 GB ram recommended and i only have 8GB?
The voltage that a cpu needs to run at specified speed is what drives up heat.
Your processor can only go so fast and the voltage needed for that is fixed,
There is more to it, of course, but unless one is overclocking there is nothing to worry about.
And, a 3470 can not be overclocked.
A cpu will monitor it's temperature, and if it detects a dangerous temperature, it will slow down or shut off to protect itself.
That point is around 100c.

Nothing to do with ram.

You are good and normal.

Reactions: maikutech