Intel i5 3570 or i5 7500?

alejandro_soto

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
Hi, I' m thinking on building a PC and i was going to buy an Intel i5 7500, but i noticed that the i5 3570 performs similar in many AAA games with the right GPU; and they both have the same amount of cores, threads and Speed per core. So, what's the difference between these two processors?

I'm guessing some compatibility issues with other components, but I dont know how to check that.

Solution

It's true that as far as gaming is concerned there isn't much excitement the past 8 years or so when it comes to CPUs; however, you will get better performance overall with a newer i5 than with an old one. The most important component for gaming still is the GPU by a mile; particularly as long as you have 2C/4T or 4C/4T. I would recommend just...

mekyle99

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2016
The i5 3570 definitely won't last you as long as an i5-7500. The 3570 would bottleneck future components, the 7500 wouldn't bottleneck anywhere near as much. The 7500 is only 14% faster, but will serve you better in the long run.

It's true that as far as gaming is concerned there isn't much excitement the past 8 years or so when it comes to CPUs; however, you will get better performance overall with a newer i5 than with an old one. The most important component for gaming still is the GPU by a mile; particularly as long as you have 2C/4T or 4C/4T. I would recommend just going with a newer i5 or Ryzen equivalent that fits your budget rather than paying for an older cpu that won't be quite as good for gaming. Now if you were on an i5 3570 and on a tight budget looking to upgrade, that would be a different story.

Solution

alejandro_soto

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
Thank you all for your answers. I'll pick the 7500 version, is at the time the best I can afford and it seems to be the best choice between the two processors in the long run. Also I checked the specs for the i5 3570 and doesn't seem to support DDR4 RAM (or doesn't say it does because it came before) and supports half of the memory the 7500 does, so that is definitely something to consider.