Question Intel i5-4570 & GTX 1650 Super - is it an overclock

Jan 11, 2020
Hello.

I've recently upgraded my graphics card to a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super (Asus Phoenix series) and it's paired with an Intel i5-4570 (overclocked to 3.6 GHz).

In all games both CPU & GPU usages are incredibly low (the GPU sitting at 10 % most of the time). I've checked everything and the GTX 1650 is set as my default GPU so the system should be using it. I have a 60 Hz monitor and V sync on so the limit is 60 FPS but the GPU just sits at 5 - 20 % most of the time and I get 40 FPS even in Minecraft. The CPU is also at like 30 % in Minecraft and about 60 % in GTA V. I was wondering why isn't my GPU going to 100 % or at least to the load where it deliveres the 60 FPS cap.

For Minecraft, I also installed shaders which are more GPU dependant and I dropped down to 20 FPS with my GPU still sitting at the exact same load.

Before buying I checked if my CPU & GPU would be a bottleneck and on 1 website it said it is a 20 % bottleneck and on the other it said it's less than 5 %. I also watched some videos with the 2 paired and even asked my friend who knows a bit more about GPUs if it would be a bottleneck and he said it wouldn't be a big one.

So I am wondering can it still be a bottleneck even if the CPU isn't at 100 % load (on avg. about 50 %) and IF IT ISN'T, how can I fully utilize my GPU so it delivers the 60 FPS because currently it seems it just doesn't care.

I also tried out Fortnite on epic settings and the GPU sat at about 60 - 70 % and the CPU was bouncing around but it wasn't at 100 % load (I also got the 60 FPS so that's why the GPU didn't go to 100 %). But then that means there's no bottleneck?

In GTA V (ultra settings) my CPU was at 70 - 90 % and my GPU was at 1 - 10 % but I still got 60 FPS.

I am starting to get confused and I am sorry if this is confusing to you, I can provide more info on your request but this is what I thought is important.

Finally: Is the GPU too powerful than the CPU and if it isn't how do I fully utilize it?

Thank you very much.

Regards!

-Me

Jan 11, 2020
RAM: 1x Corsair (don't know the model) DDR3 - 1600 Mhz (8gb) & 1x Crucial (don't know the model either) DDR3 - 1600 Mhz (8gb) so 2x8 GB
PSU: Kolink Core series 600 W (KL-C600)
SSD: Kingston SUV500240G (240 GB)