intel i5 questions

Zerobyte

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
Hey, i was wondering about 2 things, because i'm getting a new processor soon, i was thinking of getting an i5 7500 but the 7600k is only a few dollars more but does not include a cooler.
I was wondering
1. what processor i should get
and,
2. if i can use the intel stock cooler that i have on my pentium g4560 right now on the 7600k
Thanks!

Solution
i5 7500 it is for you then! Where you could use a stock cooler, I would recommend an inexpensive but solid aftermarket air cooler to keep your temps down as it will boost 3.8ghz, thus increasing volts which produces more heat, increasing your temps. You could play that by ear though and monitor temps at first and make a decision on whether you need an aftermarket cooler. A free program you can download called HWMonitor will do you well for keeping an eye on temps.

Hope this has helped!

Zerobyte

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016

i'm just 1080p gaming and not going to overclock.

mrfungi

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
i5 7500 it is for you then! Where you could use a stock cooler, I would recommend an inexpensive but solid aftermarket air cooler to keep your temps down as it will boost 3.8ghz, thus increasing volts which produces more heat, increasing your temps. You could play that by ear though and monitor temps at first and make a decision on whether you need an aftermarket cooler. A free program you can download called HWMonitor will do you well for keeping an eye on temps.

Hope this has helped!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS