knight sharma

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
Hi Community,
I'm building a rig for myself. Since, we all know there is world wide hike in GPU prize, i would wait for the price cooldown. Till that time
i want a CPU that could enable me playing atleast GTA 5 without any dedicated gpu.

Which will be the best option considering above situation:
  1. Intel i7 11700k
  2. Intel i9 10850k

Other components are:
  1. Msi Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
  2. WD blue 250 GB Nvme SSd
  3. 1Tb Barracuda HDD
  4. Adata Xpg 16Gb Gammix D30 3200mhz
  5. CORSAIR VS600

Solution
Playing GTA 5 on Intel iGPU at playable framerates is not possible, so you can forget that. As for the CPU, they are both pretty good. The 10 core will definitely last longer due to the extra cores apart from performing better in CPU heavy titles. In terms of clock speed, there is not really much between the two. The only downside is that you might not get PCIe4 with the 10th gen. but its not really useful in gaming until it becomes a norm.

And get a better PSU. That VS is pretty bad...
Playing GTA 5 on Intel iGPU at playable framerates is not possible, so you can forget that. As for the CPU, they are both pretty good. The 10 core will definitely last longer due to the extra cores apart from performing better in CPU heavy titles. In terms of clock speed, there is not really much between the two. The only downside is that you might not get PCIe4 with the 10th gen. but its not really useful in gaming until it becomes a norm.

And get a better PSU. That VS is pretty bad...

Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
neither. go for a ryzen 5600 or 5800. cheaper mobo and they don't use 300w of power requiring high end cooling.

you're wallet will thank you as will all the time you won't spend on here posting the "help my i7 stays at 90 degrees and i can't keep it cool" threads.

do a quick look around and you will note all the folks here asking those questions. those chips run hot cause they use a ton of power and need great cooling so they don't melt. not to mention the fact that the ryzen chips actually perform better, so yah, kind of a no brainer :)

knight sharma

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
As per the comments, i should rather go with a ryzen 7 5700g. Three additional questions for ryzen:
  1. Does i need a AIO for 5700g or the stock fan will do the job.
  2. Is Msi x570 gaming edge motherboard sufficient.
  3. In future, if i go for a 3060 or 3080 will this Processor still be a good option as compared to intel?

As per the comments, i should rather go with a ryzen 7 5700g. Three additional questions for ryzen:
  1. Does i need a AIO for 5700g or the stock fan will do the job.
  2. Is Msi x570 gaming edge motherboard sufficient.
  3. In future, if i go for a 3060 or 3080 will this Processor still be a good option as compared to intel?
It's going to be a trade off.
The 11700k has more cpu power but will need a new cooler and you won't game with it until you get a gpu.

The 5700g may work fine with the stock cooler and it should game at 1080p.
If you do add a gpu to it in the future it won't be the best of the best but it won't be bottom of the barrel either.