Question Intel I7 12700k reaches 100C on some cores during installation of Assasin Creed Valhalla

May 24, 2022
I want to add,I thought that it was only during this installation,it is always when load is 100% on all cores.I suspect maybe the paste didnt make the good contact with the cooler.I put the thermal paste that commed with my cooler and just screw up the screws of the cpu cooler on mounting brackets.Should I before screwing press cooler on cpu so the thermal paste would spread or the paste spread by itself when you screw up cooler from the top?

May 24, 2022
About 25 C over ambient temp on idle means cooler is not powerful enough for this CPU, or you have very bad airflow.
It is 33C when I open bios.I think that this is a good cooler,ofcourse water cooling is better but this is Cooler master ma612 stalth argb it has two fans,one for intake other for exaust and two extra heat pipes regarding to to hyper 212 stealth.I was watching rewies it is just a little bit under nocuta best air cooler.

May 24, 2022
It's a basic physical process so only a few things can typically be wrong.

• Improper mount for whatever reason
  • Poor airflow
  • CPU overclocked too far
And it's usually one of the first two.
I couldnt screw up two points on my mother boar on the very top.I scew up bottom and middle,it makes my upper purt of the motherbopard curve a little bit at the top,could that be the cause,and should I try to put a thermal paste again?

May 24, 2022
I don't understand what you're saying here, but regardless, re-do the thermal paste and mount.
Sorry for that,English is not my primary language.Thanks for help so far.
Mounting points on my motherboard at the top are very hard to reach because of the thermal shield and tiny case.I couldnt screw up two of them at the top.So the motherboard that is fixed to the case stick out a little bit at the top.

The 12700k runs hot just like the 12900k so it is recommended by a large number of tech reviewers to have big water cooled radiator in a large case.
What case do you have, how are your fans configured, how hot is the ambient temperature (your room) , what GPU do you have that is adding to the heat ?
Please list full specs of your system, then run UserBenchMark and post a link to the results page.

May 24, 2022
The 12700k runs hot just like the 12900k so it is recommended by a large number of tech reviewers to have big water cooled radiator in a large case.
What case do you have, how are your fans configured, how hot is the ambient temperature (your room) , what GPU do you have that is adding to the heat ?
Please list full specs of your system, then run UserBenchMark and post a link to the results page.
Ok,so little update I fixed the problem with motherboard not be propperly fixed with case,and removed cooler and added better thermal paste and made sure it got a great coverage and that cooler is mounted good to the processor.
My tempertures got lower when not under load,during normal using of pc around 33c,but under heavy 100% load its all the same.
View: https://imgur.com/a/EctXJHi

Graphic card is Nvidia gtx 1660 super,my room temperature is around 22 celsius or 71.6F
View: https://imgur.com/jNF1Tlm

Last edited:
Note on your first picture CPU was drawing 160 W on 100%, now it is 211 W. It means it was thermally throttling a lot more and earlier then now, but you are still well below what this CPU can do. I'll repeat myself: you need better cooler. The one you have might be good, but it's just not good enough (if that makes sense) for that CPU.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What the heck... AC:V uses 160-211w off the cpu? Really?

@Alexxx99
What are these missing PC specs?
-chassis.
-motherboard.
-fan position and orientation. Use the following for reference - some users do mix it up!
iu

May 24, 2022
New update,I limited cpu voltage on 180 w and temps are from time to time 80-90 c max under 100% load all 12 cores and then it goes to to 66c and then back and on cinebench32 it says that my sistem is 1.04 faster than average i7 12700kf on multicore.

It has score of 22554 pts on multicore.I dont know how it is possible since I turned off overclocking,limited cpu voltage and frequency doesnt go above 4.7ghz.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I dont know how it is possible since I turned off overclocking,limited cpu voltage and frequency doesnt go above 4.7ghz.
It has been like this for several years, but clock frequency with both AMD and Intel cpus scales depending on how many cores are active.
Since Cinebench is loading all P-cores, they run at 4.7ghz. If you were to run CSGO, which utilizes like, 2 cores, those 2 cores should run at 5.0ghz... with the OS and other background apps running, it'll probably be 4.9ghz instead.

On the right is the fan that intakes air,on the back is fan that thows out air
So the chassis only has TWO fans?

What's the make and model of the chassis that houses your hardware?

May 24, 2022
It has been like this for several years, but clock frequency with both AMD and Intel cpus scales depending on how many cores are active.
Since Cinebench is loading all P-cores, they run at 4.7ghz. If you were to run CSGO, which utilizes like, 2 cores, those 2 cores should run at 5.0ghz... with the OS and other background apps running, it'll probably be 4.9ghz instead.

So the chassis only has TWO fans?

What's the make and model of the chassis that houses your hardware?
I dont know what is chasis,do you mean pc case it has 3 intake fans

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts