Intel i7-3770 getting quite hot while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemalp031

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
Recently I bought Rainbow Six Siege and one day I decided to check out my temperatures while playing it. The cores of my CPU had reached about 85-88C and my graphics card had reached about 70C. As far as I know the temperature of the graphics card is ok but the temperature of my CPU is a bit high. I used Intel's Diagnostic Tool and the CPU passed all of the tests. For temp it said 34C below max temp (which is 105 right?). So I was wondering what could be causing the high temps while gaming and I came to the conclusion that it could be because of the graphics card - I think it might be making my airflow worse. What do you think? I replaced the thermal paste of my CPU a few months ago. The cooler seems to be attached normally.

My PC:
Case: Cooler Master Silencio 550 with stock fans (1 front bottom + 1 back top)
CPU: Intel i7-3770 with stock cooler (not overclocked)
GPU: Gigabyte NVidia GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 2x4 GB Corsair DDR3 (not sure which model exactly but I will check if you think I need to)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4

Solution
Monitor the core temperatures with Intel XTU. A Silencio 550 is a silent case; therefore it's cooling performance can't match a gaming case with a bunch of fans. If you're worried about the CPU, install a better cooler.

Nemalp031

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
Monitor the core temperatures with Intel XTU. A Silencio 550 is a silent case; therefore it's cooling performance can't match a gaming case with a bunch of fans. If you're worried about the CPU, install a better cooler.
I haven't used this account at all since I made this post and I honestly don't even remember if I read your reply or forgot about the post altogether. Either way thank you for your help almost 4 years later :D . I must have fixed it somehow by replacing the thermal paste again or something and eventually I did get a better cooler too.

Status
Not open for further replies.