Question intel i7 5700hq Gaming at max temp of 90 c

Skydaz

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
Laptop : msi ge62 2qf apache pro (used laptop)
i7 5700hq
16gb ddr3 ram
gtx 970m 3gb ddr5 vram
1TB hdd from toshiba canvio external hard disk

so i bought this used laptop, is it normal when the temperature hit 90 celcius while gaming ?
But i also notice that the temperature will not go above 90, it will go to high 80 cel or fixed at 90 celcius.
My gpu temperature is 50 celcius something so i gues my gpu is not having any problem.

so is it safe to game at this temperature ? and if the laptop get too hot, will it gives a warning first before anything horrible happen?

p/s the game i played is Player Unknown Battleground

Thank you.

Unfortunately laptops generally run hot.
90C doesn't surprise me.
This is from the Intel spec
"
Maximum operating temperature ? 105°C
"
So if it's not throttling and it seems to be running things the way you want......I think it will probably be OK.....but as I said....unfortunately laptops generally run hot.

Skydaz

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
Unfortunately laptops generally run hot.
90C doesn't surprise me.
This is from the Intel spec
"
Maximum operating temperature ?105°C
"
So if it's not throttling and it seems to be running things the way you want......I think it will probably be OK.....but as I said....unfortunately laptops generally run hot.
So if i play around this temperature for hours, it may not damaged or permanently brick this laptop right?, but just now i had just replace the thermal paste, still the temperature is the same

"So if i play around this temperature for hours, it may not damaged or permanently brick this laptop right? "

I think it might be fine running forever like that.

Why did you replace the paste?
If you replaced it and the temps are the same....it probably didn't need replacing.

Skydaz

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
"So if i play around this temperature for hours, it may not damaged or permanently brick this laptop right? "

I think it might be fine running forever like that.

Why did you replace the paste?
If you replaced it and the temps are the same....it probably didn't need replacing.
i have no idea if the temperature going to be the same after replace it.
You can download Intel XTU and do some undervolting.
Is it safe

Yes, undervolting is not physically harmful. But you'll need to test to make sure you're not pushing too low so as to sacrifice stability.
There's always a certain amount of excess voltage applied at stock/ auto. You can lower voltage while maintaining the same frequency to a point, then to remain stable, you'll have to lower frequency with voltage.

Skydaz

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
Yes, undervolting is not physically harmful. But you'll need to test to make sure you're not pushing too low so as to sacrifice stability.
There's always a certain amount of excess voltage applied at stock/ auto. You can lower voltage while maintaining the same frequency to a point, then to remain stable, you'll have to lower frequency with voltage.
My gpu is gtx 970m,while gaming, temperature is about 80 - 90 degree, but always below 90 degree celcius, is it okay?